Customer reviews

on 1 February 2009
I absolutely love this deck and book. It is not a conventional tarot and personally i do not use it as such, but that is my own personal limitation, there is no reason not to use it for normal readings.
I am not ready to share this deck yet and prefer to use it as a learning tool. It is wonderful in this role as there is no need to plan learning. The use of the cards allows you to be guided in learning and the book opens up the understanding of the cards. Excellent starter for the student of Voodoo or Santeria. But if used as a regular tarot I would not recommend it for a beginner unless already familiar with the subject.
review imagereview image
on 19 February 2017
I do tarot and have several decks this deck however I've not opened I've literally just started reading the book and it's like wow!!! What a brilliant well written book, informative and insightful filled with gems about Voodoo.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 March 2016
Beautiful art.
on 16 January 2008
I'm new to voodoo Im a witch and into allsorts of witchy things tarot included which i read and collect i thought id treat myself to this set as it is so different. Wow what an eye opener the art work is amazing and the indepth info in the book is something else . Often you will fins when buying these sets that they are not worth the money or something about the cards or book is lacking. That is not the case with this set it has to rate as one of the best in my collection which is vast.
on 19 October 1998
I do not even use tarot cards, but the book that comes with this beautiful card deck has become one of my most important reference books on Voodoo and related religions (santeria, etc.). I have referred to it over and over again through the years. It is an amazing work of scholarship and for me, the gorgeous artwork is just a bonus.
on 15 August 2017
I'm so impressed with theses!
So worth the price as EBay had them for £45! So I got a Bargain there.
Will need to study book as wording is different from your Traditional Tarot, but I'm prepared too so excited about this new journey!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on 27 November 1997
A spectacular achievement from which eminates the truth, beauty, love, peace, respect and power of the loa from its cards and its pages. An invaluable tool for both the novice and the adept alike.
Lilith Dorsey, ed. Oshun-African Magickal Quarterly
on 4 November 1998
Sallie Ann Glassman's artwork is incredible and the Voodoo Tarot is one of the most powerful and intuitive I've ever used. It is a wonder that more people don't use this deck -- perhaps they are intimidated by the word "voodoo", but this deck is very user-friendly and the images are so rich and sensual. Check it out!
on 19 November 1998
The deck is absolutely beautiful, and the book is filled with useful information. Even someone who has studied New Orleans Voodoo will learn something from it. I have used the cards to entertain friends, and used a small portion of the book to write an anthropology paper. Highly recommended.
on 4 November 1998