Customer reviews

on 24 January 2014
Useful resource, beautifully illustrated and presented. I was a little disappointed that so many of the examples were from Russia, and so few from Greece.
I am still searching for a book describing all the saints of the Greek Orthodox Church!
on 28 November 2013
The book came as brand new, untouched. the images and the colours are very good and I love that is so practical for consulting meanings on imagery, the saints, their characteristics, the symbols, the themes in Byzantine Art and a short explanation of what is happening in an image. Books that have full story, a History book, have much more information, usually it's more generalized and after reading it you don't really know how to locate what you just learned in an object when seeing it live. Tis type of book is shorter but more precise and clear, it goes straight to the subject. I'm very happy with it.
on 10 July 2017
We regularly holiday in Greece and love visiting the churches there. The paintings particularly the icons have always facinated us and I'm hoping this will help us identify who is represented .
on 27 September 2017
very pleased
on 4 July 2012
It is a smallish book and the reproductions of icons are even smaller, but there are hundreds of them and it looks like all the major details of each icon are explained. Highly recommended for all amateur enthusiasts of icons.
on 22 February 2012
I bougth this book, hoping it will have a lot on my specific field of interest, but it is not fit for art history students, more for enthusiasts.
on 25 November 2017
As described.
on 22 August 2011
A brilliant book. Lots of detail of major, and some minor icons. Fascinating information and beautifully illustrated. Wonderful value considering the the quality of the illustrations. Perfectly understandable (technical terms fully explained), even by someone like myself who had little more than a passing interest in the subject.
on 18 June 2011
This is a lovely book, illustrated with quite beautiful reproductions of icons. It is just what I have been looking for, with clear explanations and comprehensive coverage. If you want to know about icons, this is as good a starting point as any I have come across. Buy and enjoy!
on 29 May 2013
Completeley as advertised. I have no complaints whatsoever.
I you are interested in this subject, this is one for you.
Couldn't be more satisfied