Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 September 1997
I was deeply touched by the simplistic faith of these backwards people from a small island in Indonesia. Even the children, as young as six, took the entire Bible at face value and began to travel through the jungle to nearby villages to tell others about God and His saving power. The miracles that transpired, many people of today would scoff at and say that they are fantasies or the figment of someone's imagination. But as Mel puts it, "I praise God that no matter what the scholars in America might say, we in Indonesia have experienced all the things in Mark 16 by the power of His Holy Spirit." Thank God there are still those who believe the entire Bible.

God sent Mel to America as a missionary and until he landed at L.A. airport, he had no comprehension of why. He felt that Indonesia still needed missionaires from America until he realized the motto on our coins was no longer true. The motto, "IN GOD WE TRUST."
on 7 October 2005
After visiting Indonesia i read this book and wept for hours at the amazing things God has done and continues to do there. If you want a passion for Indonesia or for the miraculous, read this book. The authors' love for Jesus totally inspired me. Read this book, do abit of praying, ask for a blast from the Holy Spirit and see what happens!!!!
on 15 October 1997
How much I love to re-read this book! I used many stories for my Sunday school class discussion. I highly recommend this book to all Christians from any denomination. The words in the Bible give life; this book opens up your heart to receive the life.
on 26 September 2008
This book is just excellent. The writer is so practical and what you learn about God's character and the Holy Spirit is mind-blowing. It's made me realise that God is so much cooler than I could ever dream... and just hanging out with Him is so much better than trying to do stuff to make Him happy (oh, that big word legalism). Living alongside God and working together is how it's meant to be... although He's in the driving seat.

Totally refreshing! I even bought a friend a copy. I cannot recommended this book highly enough.
on 2 August 2009
This book is written by a Timorese man who grew up in a very traditional church environment and was in his late teens when a Spirit led revival affected the church. The book is about what Mel Tari saw happen there mainly based on talks he shared as he toured the USA. The book details much power in the church as they return to taking the Bible at it's word. The church in Indonesia saw miracles happen.

The writing style is very basic, but that is forgiveable given that the assistant author Cliff Dudley is obviously trying to stay true to the way Mel Tari was describing things and Tari was working in at least his third language.

The book is fairly challenging and Tari sems to be honest enough about some of his own failings. He is astonished by the life he sees in the Christian USA.

Sadly my main disappointment wasn't with what I read in the book, all be it it has a basic style, it was the fact I tried to look up more about the author on the internet only to discover in the 1990's he was reportedly involved in fraudulent use of funds in the US. Whilst that shouldn't effect the validity of what he wrote at the end of the 1960's, it is hard to read his book in the same open light.
on 28 May 2015
In his book Mel takes the reader back to simple trust in the truth and power of the Bible. We read about the Indonesian revival. How Christians, young and old were transformed by the Holy Spirit. How they became missionaries to their own. The last chapter takes you through the process of receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit. An easy read with a powerful message.
on 4 January 2016
This book really challenged me. One of the things that got my attention were the children in Indonesia that God used. I really pray to be used by God like those Children were.

I am really glad I read the book!
on 26 May 2010
This is a book every Christian should read to realise the efficacy of prayers and the Might of God. I recommend for every Christian who wants to see Revival in his community.
on 29 January 2014
Thank God for this things are written for our learning that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures may have hope.

It is possible anywhere as we care to believe it.
on 21 October 2013
The first half of the book is a thrilling description of what happened in Indonesia when the Holy Spirit was outpoured. the second half is more theory and not as interesting