on 14 April 2012
I learned basic piano as a child - on retiring fifty years later I was bought a piano to fulfill a life long wish of learning to play it better. Having found a piano teacher, he on listening to my ability recommended this book. It is brilliant. Having come in at the right level I found the first couple of pieces relatively easy which in turn gave me the appetite for more. Whatever your taste in music, this book will cater for it. It's wide variety of pieces makes it a very friendly and fun book. Such is my relationship with it, I have even ventured (and mastered) types of music that in the past did not appeal to me. The authors of this brilliant music book are to be applauded - for me it has led to a new, thoroughly enjoyable and rewarding pastime.
on 1 May 2017
I bought a few beginners books to try when I started to learn to play and this book by far is the best iv used. It's really easy to understand and the little exercises you get in it are brilliant for getting things to stick in your head especially when learning to read music, it also advances quickly enough so that you don't get bored. In a week iv gone from playing oh when the saints with 1 finger to playing with both hands using 3 finger chords. Definitely recommend.
on 21 June 2016
Great Beginner book that introduces a lot of different useful concepts. As a total beginner, this book helped out a lot since it starts at the absolute beginning, introducing single notes and then slowly moving on to more difficult pieces involving 2 hands. Really happy with this book and I will definitely pick up the second one.
VINE VOICEon 1 April 2016
For anyone who has had even a few piano lessons, then you will thrive with this book - (I would advise starting from scratch though with Book 1 of the series).
If you are picking up the piano again then this series can't be faulted. I even have the software on my Kawai digital piano that has the music already installed to help practise.
on 28 February 2016
Just the best book both for a complete beginner and those returning to playing after a break. I found it really useful after no playing for 20 years and my other half is staring for first time. We have the 2nd one now too!
on 26 July 2014
I am an adult having piano lessons and my teacher lent me book 1, which I loved. I am now beginning to practice using book2. I love the large size of print and the chance to revise what I have learnt. I feel that I am playing proper pieces of music quite quickly.
on 20 July 2017
Well written for a total novice like myself.
on 22 June 2017
Very good informative book
on 17 April 2017
Great item thank you
on 7 February 2015
I came back to piano after 50 years and found this was just the what I needed. It served as a refresher as well as giving some great music to play.A really good buy.