VINE VOICEHALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERon 20 December 2010
When Carlo Colldi (the pen name of Carlo Lorenzini) wrote this little did he know that his fairy tale would be still read all over the world and enjoyed by millions, appearing in cartoons and films as well as the original story for all this length of time. I must admit that I have never seen Pinocchio (2 Disc Platinum Edition) [DVD] [1940], I have only ever read the book. So seeing this title was available for the kindle, and not have reading it in I don't know how many years, I decided it was high time I read it again.

Who doesn't know the basic story of Pinocchio? But - have you ever read the original either to yourself, or to your children? Pinocchio gets into lots of high jinks after he is first made, but ultimately his heart is in the right place. But only with putting childish things behind him, accpeting duty and getting on in life can he progress. This is a great tale for children, but it is also still as great to read as an adult. Filled with animals that can talk, other puppets like Pinocchio, and a fairy, there is just so much to take in. So why not treat yourself and read a nice little magical fantasy filled with humour and adventure.
on 16 January 2015
This is not Disney, this is the original story and there is much more to it than I recall from the animated cartoon film of yesteryear. It did sometimes feel a bit leaden in the narrative and this could have been down, partly, to the translation. While very readable I would not go out of my way to find any other book written by the same author and translated into English.
on 30 October 2017
ace
on 24 October 2016
The illustrations aren't as nice as in some other Heirloom Library books I've seen.
on 5 March 2015
The illustrations are dark and detialed like all of Gris Grimlys work witha sense of humour added to the mix.
on 28 December 2014
Good book
on 2 February 2013
very pleased with this item, and the fast delivery of this item it was better than i thought.
thanks verymuch
on 3 February 2014
The stories were short enough to keep the reader interested. They were well written and certainly suitable for young children to read or have read to them.
on 13 February 2017
A classic for children, to be read to, or later to read by themselves. The first parts of the book, I experienced somehow "draining" while reading, but the ending is ultimately beautiful, as he rescues his old father. Still having a beautiful Italian wooden Pincocchio at home, which my son called Jekijoko, when very young, and if we use this name, it makes us always smile somehow.
on 19 October 2014