Customer reviews

on 24 July 1999
This is a wonderful deck if you're new to tarot or are a person who gives "readings". The pictures of herbs are attractive and I have found that even those who are normally uncomfortable with using the Tarot can use this deck and for those getting a reading they are delightfully surprised at how "pretty" the deck is and may relax and enjoy the reading more. It boils down to this...If you're a beginner the nice clear instructions and interpretations will appeal... if you've been at this awhile then you know how to interpret on your own and can just enjoy the simple beauty of the pictures. Basic info on herbs and pictures of the herbs are included along with the interpretations. This is just an all around nice deck... one that, although I have many others since I collect them, after many years I still continue to return to as my favorite.:-)
on 14 July 1998
Herbalists interested in learning more about the tarot will find this book and cards very useful. The authors keep the concepts and descriptions short and simple. The deck is also extremely useful for remembering the properties of popular herbs in that each card is associated with an herb and its medicinal and spiritual properties. While this was a useful introduction to the tarot and a great reference guide for herbs, I found that I outgrew the deck in favor of a more in-depth set. Yet, I still refer back to it from time to time.
on 24 April 2014
Of the several versions and knock-offs of the Rider-Waite Tarot, this Herbal Deck is the most original and useful. It adds a measure of action to the passive nature of the reading, suggesting that one can use specific plants and herbs to illuminate or activate the advice given. This deck can even institute frames of mind and wellness. It is not widely used in Europe as here there are older committments to older decks, but I think as a modern tool it is extraordinary and sacrifices nothing. The pentacles(coins in some other decks), the wands, the sword, and the cups are all sharpely illustrated and the little instruction book is wonderous to be so small. The deck does have a larger book also for the connosieur. It was delivered to me on time and in good shape. new and bright and ready to lay. I recommend this deck over the traditional one for healers and light workers who use cards.
on 25 May 2013
This tarot deck has broadened my knowledge of plants and I've used the deck every day along with the essential guide book which explains this interesting deck... Useful to know how the plants link with the tarot cards.. This deck was recommended by a friend and I am glad I followed it up.. Well worth the expense as I use both the Tarot Deck and the Guide Book every day and have been able to help others better understand their situations.
on 5 October 2015
Lovely cards I bought my first pack of these cards about 25 years ago and have done many many readings with them so they are well worn now and decided to get another pack as they are so
on 3 March 2003
My fourth, and most recent deck, this is based on the Rider-Waite deck (which I personally dislike), but with the added dimension of herbal symbolism and meanings. It's a little difficult to always relate the herbs to the spreads, and I find some of the artwork a little corny (the Lovers in particular). However, it's beautifully drawn and would make a good beginners deck. The colours are lovely and it's a bit different from my other decks, so nice for a change.
on 4 May 2004
very new to tarot - love the pictures - so clear and colourful.
Seems a bit pc though - Pan (jolity?) in the place of the Devil and 'suspended person' in place of hanged man. Will use them as other decks, but feel Pan a bit confusing to a newcomer.
on 17 February 2015