Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 30 July 2017
Another outstanding deck from this talented artist. I was given the original Aquarian Tarot in the 80's. I was delighted to discover this one recently. Beautiful art and excellent quality. I love it!
on 26 October 2007
I like this deck it is attractively illustrated and quite traditional. Unlike so many modern decks David Palladini is making an honest tarot, not trying to make his point, using the tarot as a vehicle. It is the first deck since the marseilles that I have felt comfortable with in reading for people of any age or belief system.
Why only four stars then?
Well does he not like dogs? they have gone from both the Fool and Moon cards, and do not make an appearance anywhere in the tarot, (some decks show the dog in 10 Coins). I like to see the dogs in my readings as symbols of loyalty and trust. In this deck I miss them.
on 22 November 2010
If there were to be a title for 'Best Tarot Cards', David Palladini bears the distinction of being the designer of not only one, but two very likely nominees. 'The Aquarian Tarot', and this - 'The New Palladini Tarot'.
This is a recent edition by US Games System Inc, printed in Italy. ISBN 0-88079-189-6
The size of the cards and properties of card stock is just perfect for working cards (as often, with US Games). Unfortunately, the way the card faces are depicted make this deck unsuitable for tarot card games. So this is a deck aimed directly at divination. That also appears to be the designers whole purpose. And for that it is eminently suitable. It's style and artistry is clear, attractive, fairly consistent, has a distinctive style that I feel is perfect for cards, and yet has these subjective (reading) properties which I call 'untainted' and 'transparant'.
Together with only a handful of other decks, this is one possible first choice for a workhorse tarot deck for divination.
My deck happened to be affected by a very small defect, imprinted in relif, into one corner of some of the cards. Since it is a divination deck, I do not feel it matters, and I intend to ignore it. However, it appears to have been made by one of the production tools, possibly the cutting tool, so it might be a feature affecting more decks in this printing.
Final word is that I actually like old 'The Aquarian' deck slightly better. But this is also a truly great deck and which you prefer is only a matter of taste.
on 6 March 1999
If you like the symbolism of the Rider Waite, but think the artwork is less than it could be, than check out the New Palladini deck. Rider Waite symbolism wins out here, but with a couple twists. The best part of this deck, however, is the artwork. Clear, bold, and original without being cartoonish, the imagery is simply gorgeous. Palladini, unlike other artists, pays close attention to the minor arcana. The suit of pentacles, done with white/color imagery against the background of a night sky, is creative and effective at the same time. Great for readings and meditation, too.
Doesn't get that 5th star because the card meanings in the insert seem a bit off to me. Minor quibbble only ;)
on 22 November 1998
David Palladini has combined rich color and design using traditonal tarot imagery augmented and ampmlified by his own understanding of the tarot. The result is a very engaging deck with depth and symbolism. It ended my search for a tarot deck.
on 3 August 2004
I can not praise this deck enough! I am a reader using the New Palladini Tarot for intuitive readings - I do not interprete the Tarot in the "traditional" way but speak what I feel, see and hear from these cards. I have used about 20 decks over the years but always come back to the New Palladini Tarot. Excellent for beginners and adnavced readers.
on 5 November 2015
Fast shipping, product excellent, very reasonable price
on 22 June 2015
Great artwork. Useful book.
on 8 April 2016