on 20 September 2016
More proof that the Internet is no substitute for real books, whether they be in printed or electronic form. This is an old book, but it relates to human nature which hasn't changed for thousands of years. I had performed many searches on-line looking for information about the subject matter in this book, but there is nothing as comprehensive, in-depth, or well written.

It is an excellent book and the proof of the pudding was that after learning certain things and changing the wording on advertisements on my own website I saw an immediate jump in CTR. Highly recommended.
on 17 June 2017
I'm completely new to copywriting and wanted to learn some good fundamentals in writing good advertising copy.

This book is absolutely outstanding, there's so many golden nuggets of information.

Whilst my writing skills are not the best, the knowledge I've gained from this book is definitely going to help me going forward.

I'd be confident in recommending this to anyone.

Easy 5 stars!
on 7 February 2015
Classic book
on 16 February 2016
Brilliant! Thank you!
on 19 December 2010
Every page in this book contains a nugget of information, a technique or a piece of knowledge that can help you to make a better job of your next advert. You start to realise why your previous advertising efforts just didn't work.
Interestingly, after you've read it you find yourself wondering why 95% of the adverts in your local and national newspapers don't appear to follow any of the advice offered by the author. Maybe they just don't know about the book?
The 50+ year old advice is just as relevant to today's advertisers.
I read it. I tried it. It works.
on 28 June 2012
This is one of the best books ever on how to write copy that sells. I must have read it seven or eight times when I first got it -- but referred to it countless times since.

Simple, straightforward, practical, to the point. Up there with Caples. No use to would-be award-winning posers; a goldmine to people who want to write copy that makes money.
If you want to write super persuasive copy -- buy this book! Yes, it's old -- but it's packed full of money making wisdom -- and timeless psychology. In fact, most of the top copywriters recommend this book.

A true gem.
on 31 May 2011
I have made it a 'study' to learn how to write good advertisements;

This book was a recommendation and I have to say - so far so good.

I love the simplicity with which this book is written - and even more useful, is the Author's desire to ensure that concepts are caught and employed. He does this by having a question answer session at the end of each chapter. I find that just answering these questions makes me honest about what I am learning and not learning. I does keep me present in the moment when I know that I have got an 'assignment' to so at the end.