on 25 June 2017
I am always looking for new ways to cook with children outdoors on a camp fire. Once you have a few books on the subject you start to see the same things again and again. This book is similar to many others but I was glad to see a few different suggestions. There are options with meat but I have a vegetarian family I work with and it is an area this book lacks in. Saying that it isn't just this book. Most outdoor cooking books have either no vegetarian options or boring kebabs. This is a good book to buy with Cooking in a Can (Activities for Kids)
on 11 March 2018
Bought for use with Brownies and Forest School, getting ready touse.
on 20 January 2017
Crap. Not only is the book exclusively in US measurements but only 5 of the recipes are actually cooked on a stick. Waste of time. You would be better spending 5 minutes searching online for recipes and saving yourself the money you'd spend on this book.
One person found this helpful
on 4 July 2015
I didn't really like this book, it is very American; the recipes the measurements and many of the ingredients. Very few of the recipes are actually cooked on a stick which was kind of the point of me buying it.
One person found this helpful
on 21 December 2016
American measurements (cups) and a few ingredients we might not easily get here but otherwise a nice little book with some fun (funny looking racoon) illustrations.
on 11 February 2016
I brought this as a Girl Guide leader and often refer to it for inspiration for camp fire nights and camps. i would recommend it.
on 29 January 2015
I already teach this type of cooking so I wanted to look at additional ideas and this book is a bit basic for me however for a family who like the idea of cooking outdoors with their kids, it is great.
on 2 October 2015