Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 8 February 2012
I was almost put off buying this by all the negative reviews. However, the hardback edition does not come in loose leaf format and its presentation is up to the standard of the last edition. It looks a bit wider to me, but it probably isn't. Anyway, thought I'd mention this as Amazon only has one page of reviews for both editions.
on 14 December 2011
Just reiterating what the other reviewers have said, all the content is there and it's very well laid out and logical, but it is NOT a proper book. Having looked at the previous editions in a library, I was quite keen on getting myself a copy for home, and decided to wait for the new edition to come out as I had no immediate need for it with my library copy for term time. When the package arrived just yesterday, I was shocked to see the state it had been sent in, and cannot think of a possible reason for doing this, and am pegging it down to poor practice on the publisher's part, as well as Amazon for not advertising this fact properly. Out of necessity I will still be using the "book", which is at it's essence a great text.
on 11 December 2011
This is the definitive text for Neuroscience students and has all I need for exam revision and understanding lectures. However, this is not a book. Upon opening the package, I was rather surprised when 375 pieces of loose paper fell out onto my floor. The paper has holes, presumably for a ring binder, but this is not provided and I will have to dig further into my student loan to buy one.
on 2 April 2012
This is a very good book for anyone studying undergraduate neuroscience however the seller did not make it clear at all that he is selling this as over 700 page unbound copy, this means that there are over 700 individual pieces of paper! The words '5th unbnd edition' does not tell me that I'm about to by 700 pieces of paper that are not even binded using a ring binder. VERY inconvenient, I'm not the type to waste my time complaining but I was not happy at all! Future buyers look elsewhere!
on 10 February 2014
Perfect, covers everything I need in detail, and easy to follow and understand, with great reference figures. Also provides insights in to latest research and real-world reference.
on 10 December 2012
I read some chapters during my PT degree and loved it. Now I just wanted to get it and read the whole thing at my own pace. It goes deep on every subject but starts from scratch.
on 12 December 2011
Great content and illustrations - an important update from the last version. However, I was surprised to find it was not a book but loose pages in US format with 3 holes punched. Not sure how I'm going to bind and store it as I am in the UK - a real pain in the backside.
on 26 February 2014
Easy to read and informative, good for first year medical student. I got the hardcover so it's not loose leaf
on 10 November 2014
Bought it for my MSc Neuroscience course. Exactly what I expected. Very good, detailed book.
on 10 October 2014
Great book, easy to understand came with the codes to access the online resources