on 10 September 2016
This is nice volume, well printed, and looks good on the bookshelf.

For me, The Book of Lies is something to pick up every now and again and dip into at random, and it always delivers interest.

Highly recommended, but at the same time be cautious. In centuries to come, Crowley will be one of the very biggest names of the 20th Century. This is powerful stuff, so treat it with respect.
on 18 May 2013
This was the first Crowley book I've read (if you're new to his work, I'd advise reading the Book of Law first) and really enjoyed it. It is a book to interpret personally, some ideas not everyone will agree with, I know I didn't. It's very subjective, and without previous reading in this genre, some references might seem a bit obscure. I think it's a great one to come back to now and again.
on 7 March 2018
excellent
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 July 2011
If you love books steeped in esoteric references you will love this. I have found it complemntary to the thoth tarot, and good in its own right.
on 31 July 2014
This is one of the best A.Crowley Magick Books
it is not so deficult to understand . It's a must to Thelema thinking
on 2 September 2014
brilliant read love reading Crowley's work
on 19 July 2014
Of corse any Crowley admirer would love this book. I wanted to learn about him and get a grasp on what he was about, this isn't the book I was looking for. It's a series of very interesting, intensely self indulged poems that seem very "alien" in this day and age. I was interesting to read, but I wouldn't of bought it without reading other books about/by him first.
on 26 March 2013
I found out about this book from a new website [...], which provides a brief description of Crowley as the arch magician and also mentions his books and his systems [along with many others though I gather it is early days yet for the site there are many more to come].

As the website says this book will mean absolutely nothing to someone who isn't well versed in magic and mysticism , symbolism and Crowley's system - in fact the system of many magicians. Or shall we say the ball and the polo stick approach to life.

It made me laugh in the way an in joke makes you laugh, but I can well see it would truly annoy someone who was, as it were, not in on the joke. When the symbols are all up and explained on the site above it may help. May.
on 10 October 2013
Well, its a really random book. Nothing like what I expected. It has just small paragraphs full of lines that you cant really understand like small obscure poems, and then a large paragraph to explain the words of these small "poems" what this and what that mean etc..... No practice and nothing to learn really, cos the "explanations" are mostly about the symbols that the author likes to use not universal symbols and values.
on 8 September 2015
Not the book that I thought it was but it is still a good read.