on 6 April 2016
BOOK OF TRUTH. THANK YOU PARAMAHANSA YOGANANDA.
on 20 October 2012
The bible seen in an up to date fashion. Many new aspects of interpretation. But thats not just theory. Here is a great man who reveals great things. Reading that book has been a daily inspiration for three years to me.
I hope these ideas get accepted widely soon.
on 11 July 2015
This is a book which will be by my side for life.
on 3 August 2012
This is a must read for everyone who likes reading. It is a must read for everyone who would like to make sense of the bible and who has not been able to do so previously. This is a down to earth easy to read yet deep book that I could not be without. Some people dip into it. Others, like me, read it from cover to cover.
on 20 February 2015
Good service and good read!
on 23 July 2013
If you wish to learn more about Jesus and his teachings, and understand Gods plan and what the meaning of life is, you should definitely read this book. Paramahansa Yogananda explains everything in an easy way and when you read the book, you can feel that Yogananda is a reliable source; a man that actually knew Christ. He uses the hindu Holy Scriptures the Bhagavadgita and the Holy Bible and compares the two in such a nice way, it makes you understand that we are all united and equal, and that the religions of the world have many things in common.

The book is divided in to chapters/discourses where he introduces the subjects, so you know what to expect learning. Yogananda also describes what Jesus actually looks like. As I wrote earlier, this is a must have. :)
on 24 March 2016
I bought this on account of my fondness for Paramhansa, through his book 'biography of a Yogi' and also because I read some of Swami Sri Yukteswar's 'The Holy Science' and found some of the Vedic references of interest. I have only read bits and bobs and to be honest found it a bit puritanical and 'Old Energy' for my continued interest. Perhaps it was just my mood at the time and my being a bit fried with some of so-called Christianity's historical and present perversion into 'Power and Control' dynamics.
To any friends of Robert Nesta, Jeshua and any other 'One love - One heart' - ers'
Big Love
John
on 4 January 2015
excellent but looks very hard going though
on 2 April 2013
ALWAYS pleased with his books. I don't think there is anything spiritually that he doesn't know, has explained what jesus meant e.g. sermon on the mount etc. and how all religions at root are the same. Explains we are spirit , reincarnation and other "mysteries" of our life here. 2 big books in this volume, haven't quite finished them yet. But if you really want to know the "meaning of life" i would recommend any of his books, well worth reading.
on 28 April 2006
Yogananda' being a very rare and special Yogi differs from a lot of so called authors of spiritual books in the fact that he was a highly realised Master who spoke from personal experience.

Consequently this publication in which the four Gospels are demystified and put into modern language with a full context of meaning is one of the finest books that I have ever had the priviledge of reading.

I have not started on the second volume of the 1700 pages as to fully grasp the commentary is a lifetimes work anyone who is at least familiar with Yoganada's life would testify to this. This work is as deep as the ocean but with Yogananda's skill and insight a difficult and often frustrating subject is presented to the West in laymans terms. To conclude; I cannot recommend this publication high enough.
11 Comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse