on 15 October 2015
Have already got ones of these but wanting another as the first one is getting tatty after so much use.
on 30 October 1998
I bought this book several years ago and it is very dog-eared now, I use and reference it very often. I do a lot of herbal remedies for my family and several friends and this is the best reference book I have found. I especially like the way it tells why some of the herbs work good for certain illnesses. I recommend this book to anybody who is interested in herbal medicine or simple country living.
on 24 June 1997
This book is very interesting, its pages and pages and pages of various herbal suggestions and non herbal suggestions. She has suggestions for bath preparations, salves, common every day things such as instant coffee mixes, (like those small instant coffee blends we buy in the stores for 4+ dollars a can),and much, much, more and its worth purchasing just those bits of information. More than likely if you want to find something you will find it here. If you are looking for a book on herbs this isn't it however. I do like the book, its fun to go thru and try different things from it.
on 24 November 1997
While many of ideas are practical for the "mountain-living" type, I doubt an apartment dweller would find much use in the recipe for lye soap. An attempt is made to keep to the tame remedies (lemon & honey, etc.), but many are ineffective and some are still plain dangerous (like taking potentially lethal megadoses of vitamins as cures). The herbal glossary is useful, as well as the scientific listing of names in the back, but I would recommend few of the recipes between.
on 24 February 2017