Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 December 2000
When I read this book I was emotionally unbalanced, thought too much and needed serious grounding and energy. This book showed me how to ground myself with the aid of Earth elementals and get my head out of the clouds and to employ the others to bring a natural balance. It has great exercises that are beautiful and practical. Now I think I am a far more balanced person and love working with faeries and my elementals in magick!
This book is for all those people who love Nature and always wondered about that area at the end of their garden. Andrews has a warm style that involves you and offers some great stories of faerie encounters. Don't waste any more time and invite the nature spirits into your life, you wont be disappointed. And this is the book to do it with. But it NOW!
1313 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 March 1999
This book isn't just a book, it's a gateway into understanding the true reality of what lies beyond what we call our world. It's as if the author has truly seen what the book describes and you can feel the truth in each mystifyng word. i reccomend it to anyone with a pulse!
on 19 March 1999
I have read several books on the subject - this is by far the best...enjoyable, readable, well researched, practical information. Specific exercises develop the 'sixth sense' that allows us to connect with this beautiful realm. This book is your key to making 'fairy tales' reality - even for skeptics!
on 28 January 1998
I enjoyed reading this book. There was alot of information on many different types of fairies and nature spirits. There are outlines of different types of air, water, and fire beings. It also explains how you can get in touch with the elements of nature, and how to get in touch with fairies or bring them into your life. The only pictures are black and white drawings. But the text is very good.
on 17 November 2015
This is the only book on this subject that I have found meaty and answered so many of my questions. It made me realize that I'm a bit further alone on my journey connecting with nature spirits than I thought. This book had a wealth of information about nature spirits and how to contact them. It has helped me to recognize and to notice so much more within my natural surroundings. I am actually going to start reading it all over again!
If you are interested in nature spirits then I recommend this book. Thank you Ted.

Terry
on 30 August 2013
This book is really thought provoking and intriguing. Full of possible meditative exercises.
The author has managed to capture the feeling of magic within the book.
on 25 March 1999
a very good book with a lot of helpful information on faeries and other elemental beings. I highly recomend this book to anyone interested in faeries.
on 30 April 2016
This book is what I've been searching for ! A good introduction to nature spirits, the author gives good factual/historical information on myths blended with belief in the spiritual realm. Also good for dipping in and out of, well segmented information. I bought a second book to give to a friend.
on 20 February 2013
Having already widened my circle of friends by following Ted's advice on how to speak to animals, I decided to invest in this volume also. I quickly struck up quite a close relationship with next door's garden gnome. My attempts to communicate with the faeries lurking in our neighbourhood have, however, met with less success. They have, indeed, caused a certain amount of unpleasantness. Several neighbours became quite agitated when I attempted to explore the nether reaches of their back gardens one evening last week. My explanation that I was trying to discover a pathway into the faerie realm did little to mollify them and there followed a rather robust conversation. In retrospect, perhaps I should have followed the advice of Mrs Daz and not worn my Italian Army issue balaclava helmet. I also think that I might have blown my chances of gaining part-time employment as a lollipop man. I see that Mr A. Customer has given this book fulsome praise. I can only assume that he lives in a more enlightened area.
on 3 March 2004
this book really gave me a broad understanding about the nature spirit realm, this is definitely a great book for a beginner.