on 26 June 2015
My favourite translation was by Brian Browne Walker (which is a lovely lyrical interpretation) and I love the more robust translation by D.C Lau. But this has become my new favourite. Beautiful, elegant and simple.
on 17 July 2015
I have spent 3 months reading this slowly and will probably refer to this and re read for the rest of my life.
on 29 October 2016
5 stars as expected.

I had a lot of writing in mine and highlighted sentences, however, I did buy a second hand copy and that will always be a gamble.
on 6 November 2017
This translation (and the whole book) is amazing. It's not just another word-to-word translation. It's intuitive, but the interpreter had been trained himself, so he understands The Essence of the book. That's just what I was looking for. Thank you!
on 6 May 2015
This book is a very clear translation of the Tao. I like the way it is presented in numbered short sections, each with a slightly different theme. I also like the visuals, the Chinese symbols in the sidebar, and the texture and colour of the background. This gives it an atmosphere which plain black on white text lacks. But most of all I like the quality of the writing
on 21 October 2015
One of the best translations of the Tao Teh Ching. The Tao Teh Ching is like a huge cake for the spirit, you should take a small slice every day and digest it thoroughly, preferably with a cup of Darjeeling.
on 14 December 2016
With appendices, glossary, copious notes and an extensive introduction, this is the book to read if you seek an in depth look at the Tao teaching.
on 7 December 2017
deep, complex, simple - beautiful contemplations for living, practical living right here and now - beautiful and essential, etherial and vital.
on 24 April 2017
Excellent hard copy version of the Tao Te Ching with great illustrations.Highly recommend it.
on 16 November 2010
I may be too harsh but I was a bit disappointed with the translation. I felt the cover art was a bit underdone compared to other Dover Thrift efforts. That is not my main concern with this product, however. The translation is not great. I have read editions which deal with the massive grammatical difference between English and Chinese better. I would recommend the Wordsworth Classics edition of Tao Te Ching to those less familiar with Taoist philosophy.