Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 March 2011
I've got a lot of jewellery books, but this one is up there with the best. I think it is worth buying just for the super clear instructions and helpful hints. Well worth the wait for it to be published.

Excellent photography, clear instructions written in a friendly, informal style. Lots of ideas for jewellery that's out of the ordinary without being too "out there". If, like me you have been shocked by the rise in silver prices, then this book will inspire you to work in other, cheaper metals, to produce stunning designs that are more cost effective. I especially liked the section on metal folding.

The author has included a section on tools and their use: conventional jewellers tools, but also some inspired uses for unconventional tools, such as you might find around your home or your garage. Can't wait to try these ones out...

If you like the idea of using different metals in the same piece, then this is the book for you.
on 8 March 2011
If you are involved in jewelery in any way you will be aware of the soaring cost of silver. This book deals with a mixture of metals in a very contemporary way. I can only say that I love the book and it has given me inspiration be try many things that I would probaly not have done otherwise.
Definately worth the money and a good read presented in a slightly quirky but very educational way. Give it a try you won't regret it.
on 5 June 2011
This was just a taste of what I was looking fore, but a fantastic appetiser with loads of advice and tips. The photographs were very clear and so were the instructions. I really like the idea of mixing metals for asthetic reasons but didn't know how to go about it, this book has given me the courage to try!
on 24 January 2014
Kim has written a very friendly and accessible book covering a range of metal work skills and gives very helpful suggestions for everyday items that can usefully be used as jewellery making tools, alongside a more traditional tool kit.
There are some very unusual projects and not all of these appeal to me, as is usual in a book of this type, but by reading the instructions I can build my skill base, especially regarding cold connections and fold forming. I can see this book will be a quirky but faithful friend.
on 12 January 2012
this is a most interesting and i think quite exciting. Very well written and informative. Anyone looking for ways to make ineresting and exciting jewellery shoukd read it
on 21 March 2013
Lovely ideas in the book and the natural use of metals to confirm to flowers or nature were lovely. enjoyed book
on 1 March 2015