on 6 March 2016
Simply beautiful but don't imagine being able to reproduce anything. This book shows rare, unique, beautiful collection items, fantastic eclectic harmony, a dreaming and luxurious world where you would love to live. You might find some affordable ideas, but this book is essentially offering beauty for the eyes and material to imagination. It also proves for who would still have some doubts that American homes can be far more beautiful than some European palaces; It is not about decoration but about culture, art, art of living, true savoir-vivre. A beautiful book to keep for yourself or to offer.
on 5 March 2014
This is the most expensive book I've ever bought and I really wish I hadn't. I love lavish decor but this takes it to extremes I could never have imagined - and I don't mean that as a compliment. The most minute and painstaking attention to detail is devoted to every single one of the thousands of decorative items and decorating technique used in this apartment. He literally does go to the ends of the earth to achieve his ridiculously obsessive vision. I had to stop reading when I came to the Candle Room (yes, that's a room just for candles) and how he blathers on about how important they are. It really is nauseating. All this book shows is the height of excess and self-indulgence that can be achieved by one individual with an apparently limitless amount of cash.
on 17 January 2014
Very special book describing the transformation of a soulless place into a fairytale home of the greatest refinement!
Beautiful
Inspiring......
on 22 July 2015
After reading this book Howards Slatkin has become one of my favourite designers. I realise that his décor is not to everyone's taste, but if you are a "more is more" kind of person rather than a "less is more" then it should appeal to you. This book is well worth the money just for the pictures alone.
on 28 February 2015
Incredible detail. Very happy I bought this book and I gave it as a present which was enjoyed too. It is really for the ladies who lunch crowd and not very modern, but there are a lot of us about. I love it.
on 14 December 2016
This book was fine and liked lot of designes in it, some less.
on 12 September 2015
Beautiful book. So inspiring. Thank you!