Customer reviews

on 16 June 2017
One of the best Italian Cuisine cookbooks that we have come across - everything we have tried has worked out well so far. Cannot recommend it enough. It is well laid out, the instructions are clear and often accompanied by photographs. If you can get a copy of this work -- it is out of print, as far as I could tell -- it is well worth the investment. It took me a while to locate this one, but it was worth the wait. We have been enjoying Italian food since its arrival.
on 18 May 2017
Nicely anglicized and inspirational
on 11 December 2000
This is a book that made my mouth water. The photos transport me to the Italy I know. But, more importantly, it tells me and my staff (of my Italian deli & caffe bar)just about everything we need to know about Italian produce & recipes.
It's the most comprehensive guide to Italian food since Elizabeth David's Italian Food and Claudia Roden's Food of Italy.... and that's saying something.
It deserves a lot more attention than it's had. I couldn't recommend it more highly.
on 2 October 2006
This book is great. I cannot recommend the Cannelloni and tiramisu recipies enough, they are truly amazing. Everything i have made from this book turns out fantastic.
on 4 March 2009
One of the best cookbooks I own. All the recipes I have tried were successfull, and they are not difficult to prepare. Everyone is impressed by my cooking skills!!
on 18 June 2015
There was a copy in a villa I recently holidayed in. I really wanted to get a copy but it's now out of print. But good old Amazon had one which I scooped up. Really delighted to get it.
on 24 January 2013
it is a really beautiful book with wonderful pictures and explanations of Italian basics pasta, coffee... to be honest I own the book and my mother fell in love with it when she last visited me so I bought it for her.
on 15 July 2012
Having visited Italy only once in my life, I fell in love with the food and indeed the whole Italian way of life.
This book is packed with amazing recipes that help you create authentic Italian dishes at home.
on 6 September 2016
Very comprehensive Italian regional cookery book.
I have more than 25 Italian cookery books already - this one seems to cover everything!
Some dishes I have never encountered before.
on 20 May 2016
Very good state and really happy to have found a copy of this book