Customer reviews

on 29 September 2009
Personally I wouldn't let children anywhere near this book - it's far too good for them ! A series of sumptuously illustrated (and furnished) rooms in a rather 'up market' Edwardian villa.
Each page is full of hidden flaps and doorways giving access to other rooms or pieces of furniture. The rooms are populated by 25 cardboard cut-outs of the family , servants , pets and 'period details' - all carefully designed to get lost or bent. If you can find a copy that's more or less complete and perfect it will probably appreciate faster than your own house. But don't let the kids get their grubby little mits on it !
on 15 July 2016
Delightful, and in good order; marvellous value!
Dawn Taylor
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 31 January 2015
Love this book. Difficult to find anything with the name Annabel. No words, but lots of flaps for little ones to lift and see what is underneath.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 February 2017
I just love this book. I can't believe it's still available. I had it when I was a child and now my daughter has my book and loves it just as much as I did (and still do) we spend ages putting the characters in the rooms and opening the flaps. So old fashioned and do much fun. Love it!
on 28 November 2011
Daughter got this book at 5: no interest. Now, at 9, she loves enacting little dramas with the characters through the wonderfully illustrated rooms. Great present for a little girl.