Customer reviews

on 22 October 2012
This is the most beautifully illustrated book I have ever bought .It is stunning and very well done .The stories are significant to my family and as I have an Irish grandson and a Scottish grandson , I shall buy another book to allow them both to have one each.It is the colours too so lovely the illustrations could actually make lovely nursery pictures if you could bear to cut the book that is!
on 1 September 2014
Absolutely fabulous book. My 5 year old is completely enthralled by these stories. Rashie Coat and the one about the Water Kelpie are her favourites. I also love the little description of the origins of each story at the start of each one. I have since purchased another 2 as presents for friends as I thought they were so wonderful.
on 8 February 2014
I bought this as my nieces Xmas gift and she adores it!
In fact, so do I! I want to purchase one for my own daughter.
Beautiful stories and magical illustrations really bring the experience of bedtime stories to life! A must on children's folk tales
on 17 August 2012
These magical tales deserve a place on every child's bookcase. Theresa Breslin's An Illustrated Treasury of Scottish Folk and Fairy Tales has captured the imagination through her beautifully crafted and evocative words. I shall look out for more of her books. Kate Leiper's illustrations are outstanding-I love them. Each page has gorgeous paintings full of tiny eye catching details, some only noticed at a second glance. I would buy it for the illustrations alone! Having seen Kate Leiper's paintings at The Story Telling Centre when visiting Edinburgh (on the Royal Mile - don't miss it!) I expected nothing but the best and she has exceeded expectations. This book is truly a treasury. I will be buying more as a gift for young children as well as other adults who would enjoy a children's classic for themselves or their children and grandchildren.
on 7 June 2014
Absolutely beautiful book! I would definitely buy more from this author, may in fact but a second copy for myself, as the first was a gift. It was received on time, as stated.
on 21 July 2014
Beautifully illustrated book. Couthy Scots language but not overly so. Our Grandchildren love this book which I bring out when they are staying over.
on 7 June 2014
A gorgeous book! Full of charm with amazing illustrations! Used in my class and the children loved the characters and stories! Great buy.
on 4 December 2016
Bought this for my niece and it's gorgeous and beautifully written. It will be really inspiring to any child's imagination.
on 20 October 2014
A beautiful book with stunning illustrations. Stories are familiar and very enjoyable.... a real treasure of a book
on 8 September 2016
very nice book. well presented - stories and illustrations - my great niece was thrilled and read it all day.