on 5 December 2012
I use this book with my children (1 and 3 yrs old) and in my children's yoga classes. Good ideas on how to lead meditations and practical ideas on how to work with children from baby to teens. High reccommendation.
on 29 August 2016
I use this in class regularly, and the children love it. Lots of ideas for teachers to adapt....
on 27 July 2017
I bought this for my sis in law and she loved it
on 10 November 2015
By far the most useful and well written book on mindfulness I have read. Practical and easy to read. Not just about young children either!
on 11 November 2017
very read
on 26 November 2017
Happy with product, quality and reliable
on 28 April 2017
Very nice read and practical tips. Loved this book. Would recommend it for every parent, teacher, carer and anyone that works with children and teens.
on 8 January 2014
Bought this for my wife to amuse grand-kids. It really worked a treat and was a calming influence! Good book.
on 9 February 2012
I'm so delighted with my purchase of this book - it's worth its weight in gold! The book is so well-written, easy to read and easy to follow. I tried a meditation with my 9 year old son this evening and he was so receptive to just the simple relaxation exercise that we tried. It's given me the confidence to try a lot more of the techniques and I just know all of my children are going to love them.

I think what I love the most about the book is Lorraine's complete unconditional love and acceptance of children, just as they are. I think her reminder that we often expect too much from our children, and indeed ourselves, and that we are ALL still learning, is something that we must all try to remember whenever we judge ourselves and our children. So the next time that pesky thought pops into my head along the lines of 'Oh will you just stop fidgeting' when one of my children has been waiting ages for me to finish that phonecall (or something similar) I shall remind myself that it's not fair of me to set expectations for my kids. They cannot disappoint me and I shall treasure each moment with them that teaches me more about their nature and the wonderful human beings that they are :-).
0Comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 24 October 2013
I am a school teacher and have led mindfulness and meditation workshops for adults. I have used some of the meditations in this book with both children and adults (including myself) and they work immediately to quieten and gentle both groups and individuals. They are also age-specific, very enjoyable to work with, creative and imaginative and I like the way the author encourages the reader to adapt them to suit whoever they are working with and what they feel comfortable with offering.

The book is written in a friendly, sympathetic style and is easy to read and follow without needing to get bogged down in technical detail or trying to understand concepts. All you have to do is find one you like and then try it and see. You can read the book from cover to cover, or you can just dip in, following the chapter headings to guide you, depending on what your needs are.

I also do counselling work with clients, some of whom I am sure would be able to benefit from this book and I would have no hesitation in recommending it as a self-help book for any client who is trying to establish a better, calmer, more loving relationship with their children.