Customer reviews

on 28 October 2010
I have kept bees for a number of years and have quite a collection of books on the subject. Bees and Honey, from Flower to Jar is one of my most recent purchases and I have to say that it is the most interesting and informative book that I have read on beekeeping. The author, Michael Weiler takes the reader on an exciting journey into the world of the Honey Bee including all aspects of its' behaviour and development. As he gently took me on a journey into the hive, I marvelled at the sights, sounds and smells of a typical honey bee colony. I noticed things I had not previously noticed in my own colonies. It is a book suitable for novice and more experienced beekeepers and anyone who has an interest in Nature. Highly recommended.
on 18 December 2010
Having kept bees for two years I have built up and read a small library on bee keeping but this book is not another book on bee keeping, rather this is a book about the bees themselves. Through many years of bee keeping the author, Michael Weiler, has observed and interpreted the bees behaviour and shares his insights in this delightful book. Many of the questions that you ask yourself whilst manipulating the hives are not discussed in the normal books as they have no relevance to increasing a honey crop yeild or swarm prevention. I have really enjoyed this book and feel that I have definitley learn't more about the bees behaviour and will hopefully be able to apply this new knowledge to my own hives next year.
on 3 November 2011
This is the first book I bought on bees having become interested in sustainable beekeeping. What a great choice it turned out to be. It is written in a gentle, sympathetic and informative way. I have learnt so much! I love the approach of the author and am hoping to do a course with him through the biodynamic association. I think this approach is the only way forward to help save the bees and his balanced outlook will make this book appeal to everyone. A great read.
on 23 April 2014
This book gives you loads of information about all aspects of Bees,their actions,developement,hivelife everything..It is simple yet detailed.A must have book for any beekeeper and any bee observer.Definitely recommended.
on 3 October 2012
This isnt the best beekeeping book I have read, but there are some great little gems hidden in it that provide a beekeeper with a better understanding of the hive.
on 6 April 2013
Very well packed and arrived quite promptly. This book is very well written and makes a good read. The information is clearly understood.