Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

on 26 January 2001
I had the great pleasure of witnessing Joey Dunlop winning the treble on the Isle of Man in 1988. I had always promised myself that I would go there to see my greatest sporting hero compete. When I heard the news of his tragic death, I felt so lucky that I had made that trip to see him and the memories of it will live with me forever. When I became aware that this book was about to be published I immediately ordered it. I was not disappointed. It is a fantastic volume of beautiful photographs that show Joey as we remember him, the quite and unassuming man off the bike and the ferocious competitor on it. It tracks his career from the early days in Northern Ireland through the heady years of 26 IOM victories and then to his untimely demise in Talin, Estonia. For anyone who had the pleasure of seeing Joey race, this book will bring it all back and for those who did'nt, it will help to explain why this man was a hero to so many. A true man of the people whose loss to racing and to humanity is deeply felt. An excellent book that I recommend wholeheartedly.
on 30 January 2001
This is perhaps one of the most moving books I have ever read. Stephen Davison's photographs of Joey at work and rest reveal the real man behind the legend, and his text beautifully sums up the triumphant career and lasting legacy of one of the world of sport's real legends. Moving, inspiring, and tremendously well-produced, this book deserves all the success it has already achieved and more!
on 31 March 2001
Stephen Davidsons book shows the master at work, the book takes a look at Joeys career and the pictures are of an extremely high standard. This is a must buy for any Joey Dunlop Fan.
on 30 January 2001
on 20 June 2015
Excellent book of the modern era KING OF THE ROADS.
Lots of interesting detail and images by the very best road racing shooter Stephen Davison.
The respect of rider/photographer is obvious.
Superb tribute to the great man.
Highly recommended.
review image
on 30 January 2014
This is another great book by Stephen Davison who is THE VERY BEST author to bring any of this type of book out, I may be slightly biased to Joey THE KING

I would advise any body that likes bikes to buy, but would also advise any body to buy
on 23 February 2001
a fine collection of photographs of the master at work but lacks content to be described as a true biography
on 6 September 2011
Yet another stunning tribute to Joey Dunlop. A wonderfull book to own for Motorcycle fans and fans of Joey. I would strongly recommend this book. Good quality and value for money item.A lovely book to keep.
on 24 September 2014