Customer reviews

love this book
on 8 August 2017
Lovely book, good quality
on 16 November 2005
This is another firm favourite from the Elmer series of board books. The book looks at lots of Elmer’s animal friends from Zebra to Lions and Polar Bears to Snakes - Elmer loves them all. With a little imagination you can make the book come alive even more. For example doing the hissing sound for the snake or the roar for the lion. When you get to the page with the kangaroo don't forget to bounce the book up and down. The final pages show all the animals and our little one points to each animal as we say their name thus reinforcing recognition. The board book is very robust and able to withstand lots of rough treatment. The colours are very bright and our little one responds very well to this book - five star fun!
on 15 October 2011
My 11-month old daughter loved an Elmer board book that came with the Book Start pack of freebies, so we decided to track down some more, and this is one of her favorite books now. She loves looking at all the animals, especially the lion, and spends ages turning the pages back and forth. A good addition to our collection at home.
on 16 January 2009
My son is 17mths and this is his favourite book, he has loved it since we bought it for him on his 1st birthday, it has been read so many times it looks 50 years old now!! My husband has had to repair it so many times with tape!!
We all love this book and def recommend it to babies of 9mths+ either boy or girl!!!
Great!!
on 23 November 2014
Aimed at very young children - The book literally consists of the following paragraph:

Hello Elmer. You are the brightest of all the elephants. Are you going to see your friends? Hello Zebra. You are the stripiest. HelloGiraffe. No one is taller than you. Hello Snake. You're longer than anybody. Hello Kangaroo. Elmer's bounciest friend. Hello Mouse. You're the smallest of all. Hello Lion. You have the loudest roar. Hello Owl. Elmer's wisest friend. Hello Polar Bear. You are the whitest. Hello Leopard. You're the spottiest. Elmer's friends are all different but they all love Elmer.

My son and I have enjoyed a number of Elmer stories using the Kindle app....I'm sorry to report that this parituclar one is not a patch on the other Elmer books. Save your money- don't bother buying this it is in my opinion a waste of money. If I it had been a book and not an electronic purchase I'd have been returning it and asking for my money back.
on 3 January 2012
This is a lovely book about Elmer the patchwork elephant and friends. It is probably almost too simple for my daughter ( almost 2 and half)but would be a perfect book between 1-2.Lots of nice bright colours and animals to look at.
on 30 June 2013
These comments apply to all the Elmer books I ordered, with a purpose of encouraging children in schools to read them critically. The formula is a good one which helps children to accept that it is OK, even good, to be different. But in some of them I suspect that David McKee has rather run out of steam. Not that any of the children have said that, so far!
on 14 September 2014
It is my 4 month old son's favorite book. I have been reading him this book from 2 month old and he really loves looking at the pictures, he tries to touch the characters in the book, and he's really mesmerized by the pictures. I have tried reading him other books but he usually stops looking at the pictures half way through the other books. I recommend
on 5 March 2011
beautiful illustrations, has each page in both English and Spanish. Great for increasing vocabulary and understanding of either English or Spanish as a foreign language.

Elmer is also great for very young children as it is all brightly coloured with funny and interesting short stories.