Customer reviews

I'll Take You To Mrs Cole!
Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 November 2017
Love this read it to my children, now my granddaughters. Love the simplicity of it.
Delivered quickly
on 8 October 2017
Great story. Brilliant illustrations.
on 23 November 2017
A total classic!
on 7 October 2009
A super story to start off discussion about stereotypes and different family relationships. Gives plenty of opportunities to talk about feelings and think about why people might feel the way they do. Also wonderful for consideration of how rules differ from one family to another and to think about own family rules.
on 5 July 2001
Both I and my children enjoyed this book and their friends too. With my name being mrs cole and the house descibed like mine,made the book all the more enjoyable.A fun look at the way other families live.Beautifully illistrated, a great book.
on 15 September 2012
I have been reading this text with my year 3 class and they are thoroughly enjoying it. We have been unraveling the subtext on each page and focusing on the emotion and feelings of each character. We also discussed how our view of Mrs. Cole changed as we read through the book. My students have created some wonderful work based on this text and we have used it to create displays in the classroom. I have also put other books by Nigel Gray in my reading corner so that the students can enjoy more texts like this. A fantastic read! (To help out other teachers the lesson plan that goes with this book can be found on Hamilton Trust under 'Stories in Familiar Settings'.)
on 21 April 2012
I bought this book to share with my Y3 class. What a lovely story - quite thought provoking, too.
The illustrations are beautiful and the story led to some amazing discussions about relationships and pre-conceived ideas. My own children, quite grown up now, loved it too! Highly recommended.
on 22 May 2013
First I am very happy with this purchase as the book was in excellent condition. Second this is very good story to read. As a childcare provider, I read to children of young age and the story is supporting my teaching them about differences. People might look different and their own special ways may scare us, but in fact, they are just as good as anyone else. The children I read that story to keep asking me to read it again and again. This book should be on every child's book shelf.
on 13 November 2014
A fantastic book- fun but also thought provoking, the illustrations by Michael Foreman are superb and very atmospheric. I used this as part of the Hamilton planning with my year 4 class. They loved it. I could see it being useful with older children to discuss a range of issues which are implied within the story, however it can happily be read and enjoyed simply as a fun story with a twist!
on 21 March 2016
My class of Year 3 and 4 children love this book because of the wonderful illustrations by Michael Foreman and the entertaining story by Nigel Gray. It got their imaginations going wild about what else could be lurking in Mrs Cole's dungeon and also inspired them to write their own versions of the story.They learnt that first impressions aren't always correct.