Customer reviews

on 6 May 2017
I am considering myself spending a month in Aberystwyth learning Welsh, so found Ms. Thomas' account of her experiences there quite helpful, as well as entertaining.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 24 July 2012
I found this book easy to follow and by having the cd does help to understand the following of the book I would recomend this book to my frend
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 June 2004
You MUST read this book if you are learning Welsh and place it beside your Welsh dictionaries. Sandi penned in clear, witty English what I had been thinking all along about learning Welsh. I caught myself smiling and nodding vigorouly as I read. The account of her encounter with Dafydd Iwan, a music shop owner and sheep trials competitors is so vivid that I can see what is happening before my eyes. She is extremely encouraging too. I re-read this book recently when I was feeling discouraged by the difficulties of learning this learner-unfriendly language by myself. Now my resolve is renewed and I'm eager to continue. A million thanks to Sandi! Bendigedig!
on 20 October 2002
Ms. Thomas has put together an excellent support book for those learning Welsh or any foreign language. She chronicles the emotions and frustrations that a learner goes through while learning Welsh and reminds us that we are not alone as we go through the same feelings. Several of us in last years Ulpan Awst class at the University of Wales in Aberystwyth gleamed needed support to continue our studies in learning Welsh.