Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Alice Cooper Learn more Fitbit

on 24 December 2010
When I heard the announcement of a detailed history about one of my all time favorite zombies films I was eager to jump and buy immediately. However, delays in US releasing had me itching to get my hands on this so I went the old IMPORT route. Today, 23/12/2010 The book arrived and from the minute I un-packaged it, I began reading it. TCHOTROTLD, is probably the best detail account of the making of a film franchise. This book has it all, stories from the cast, the crew, the nightmares, the living hells, and all the BS that goes along with making a movie. You get not just the story behind Return 1, but all 5 films, yep even the godawful parts 4 & 5, or as I call them the abominations I refuse to acknowledge. =0)

Gary Smart and Christian Sellers give the ROTLD fan a detailed account of everything. Interviews, pictures (plethora of pics) to behind the scenes struggles and tidbits of pretty much what life was like for everyone ever involved in the making of a ROTLD Zombie film.

Learn who was actually supposed to be cast, learn which cast members the directors of part 2 didn't have an easy time dealing with... I am telling you, as a filmmaker and a zombie fan, not too mention a ROTLD fan this is probably the most comprehensive collection of material one can find. If this were a documentary on a DVD or Blu-Ray this would provide hours on enjoyable entertainment, and as a book it can still do just that if the fan/reader allows themselves to go back and start over.

I can't speak for anyone besides myself, and from my point I really enjoyed this book. The art and illustration are great, and it is not some cheap quick paperback one off, they people behind this took time and care putting this together.

Mr. Smart and Mr. Sellers should be proud of the work on display. Amassing this much material for a book about a horror franchise is truly impressive and I know as a zombie fan and a film director myself a lot of love, heart and work went into this and I am sure the reader and end user will feel the same way.

If you're a fan of The Return of the Living Dead (forget the sequels, just a fan pf Part 1) you have everything you need to know... A highly recommended buy.

Gary Ugarek
wrier/director
Deadlands 2: Trapped
on 9 January 2011
Of course ROTLD 1 is in my opinion one of the greatest Zombie films ever, like many fan ive been waiting years for this book to happen. I loved the whole book and even thought the documentation of parts 4 and 5 of interest as you can trace how the ended up being so awful.

The only thing the book didn't cover was the Trioxine theme and why it was not on the soundtrack.

An excellent book pick it up its fantastic ..... Brainsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
on 28 November 2010
This book is an essential guide to the film franchise. Full of exclusive, high quality images never seen before.

A must buy!
on 10 December 2010
Being a huge fan of the first 3 Living Dead movies in the series, this is my dream come true.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this book and made it happen. I am loving reading it so much.
I know this fan is very appreciative.

Thanks!!!
on 19 May 2011
I"v been a fan of ROTLD ever since it first came out in the eighties.I didnt know any books about the films existed until i came across this while browsing for zombie books on amazon and got quite excited when i spotted it.I have to say this is a dream book for any fan of the series.Very well put together and perfect in every way.A must buy for any fan of the series and a well deserved 5 star rating.EXCELLENT.
on 8 August 2011
If you like just the first film and the second like me (have seen the third) not the others, then buy! Its full of production pictures, SFX, the stars then and now. For £10.98 it`s a bargain. Very pleased :0)
on 4 March 2012
All that you need to know about The Return of the Living Dead franchise. A lot of productions photos, preproduction designs and interviews with everybody. I only miss a hardcover!