on 29 May 2017
Bought this on the strength of Drive. Maybe I'm more grown-up now but I found the intro distinctly unpersuasive. You can watch him bend the research findings to add weight to his claims that they do not deserve. Then he claims that Palantir "simply requires each new hire to read two books, one is a nonfiction account of..." since he doesn't tell us what books, I googled it and found it to be untrue. Different employees get different books. So the author it's building on a foundation of myth. I expect it's a very good book for getting by in Pink's mythical world, but I would like to see more rigor from a book based on the real one.
And now I'm wondering what I have to un-learn from Drive.
on 2 April 2017
Really interesting book, easy to read. As anything you want to become excellent at, the theory is good but only practice makes you excellent. I will certainly need to read the book again but I can already apply some important principles of the book: i.e. thinking not so much about giving answers but asking the right questions.
on 27 October 2016
Daniel Pink is simply brilliant and writes and communicates in way that is simple to digest
on 2 July 2017
Thank you very happy with my purchase
on 25 January 2014
Try some of the suggestions in your retail establishment - quite amazingly logical but along a different axis from how you might normally think - a great read indeed, and I keep going back to it to remind myself of how entrenched we seem to become in our ways.
on 30 November 2015
A must read for leaders, teachers, entrepreneurs and HR types. Also read D Pink's emotional intelligence book.
on 10 March 2017
Filled with actionable content from start to finish, don't think I've ever used so many bookmarks as I did in this one
on 1 May 2017
Really good audiobook. I listen a bit at a time and feel that this helps it sink in.
on 9 August 2017
Some great insight taken from everyday life, theatre and legendary sales people.. I took away some very useful ideas and techniques.
on 16 January 2015
This was a present for somebody and they are very pleased with it.