on 25 September 2015
Nice book for new ideas on low carb recipes but I found some of the recipes hard to follow and hate having to buy special non store cupboard ingredients just for the odd one or two recipes. Also minor point but I do like lots of pictures showing an example of the meal and this book lacks that.
on 13 November 2016
Most of the recipes in this book are very easy to make and taste great. Carb count with recipes is very helpful. I have refrained from giving five stars because it annoyed me that the author seems to have an aversion for using fat- especially saturated. I found it easy to add this in myself though, an extra bit of butter, a sprinkle of cheese or a dollop of cream only made everything better! All in all, a good book for people following a moderate carb diet- it injected some much needed variety to my menus and it's great to have a proper recipe book with some beautiful photography. However, I wouldn't recommend this book so much for ones trying to follow a very low carb diet, say 20 or under.
on 9 August 2017
Nothing special in this book. Lots of recipes that can be found free on the internet. Very obvious - substituting potatoes, rice and cous cous for other vegetables.
on 21 January 2018
Bought this as a used book. Very clean condition and excellent value for money
on 27 May 2015
This cook book beats all the celebrity chefs recipe books! The recipes are simple with a little twist. The book arrived quickly and looked like it was brand new!!
on 13 April 2014
The recipes look great and there's lots of clear and useful information. I've only had it a couple of days but I've made one recipe and ordered food to make more this week. I am sure it'll add further variety to my low carb repertoire.
on 4 January 2015
Not exactly packed with recipes but easy to read, some interesting information alongside the chapters.
on 22 November 2015
Excellent book. Loads of ideas to inspire me and give alternatives to the usual cards.
on 23 December 2014
I really like this book. The recipes are clear an easy to follow, and so far, all have been delicious! I especially like all the ideas for sides etc so your low-carb attempts aren't undermined by a lack of ideas on that front.
on 20 April 2018
REally great sounding recipes, I have tried a couple and they are good