on 28 September 2010
Full of delicious recipies with all the information to be able to cook them successfully.
on 27 February 2016
I have a collection of over 60 cookery books covering a umber of different cuisines. This book is the one I find myself going back to time and time again. It is now covered in my notes from the recipes I have tried. They are not all 10 out of 10 but this book and maybe my Silver Spoon Fish Book would be the ones I would hate to lose. Recommended.
on 4 September 2012
18 months after buying this book it has become my companion in the kitchen. I just use it for every occasion whether preparing a diner party or making a bucket of ragu for my children to eat (which they never refuse!). I'm still trying new stuff out and it genuinely inspires me to expand my horizons as every dish has worked out perfectly.
on 17 October 2012
After coming back from a work trip to Genoa, where i enjoyed the food immensely, i read the other reviews about this book and decided to buy it. This was a purchase i will never regret. There are so many recipes and tips in the book, i have made my own pizza's, focaccia, pasta any many more. High recommended to any budding Italian chefs!
on 10 February 2011
I bought this book, Made in Italy: Food and Stories and Passione: The Italian Cookbook at the same time and I have to say The Italian Cookery Course makes the others look like four star books. Whilst Made in Italy: Food and Stories is a book for the gourmet, michelin star wannabe chef and Passione: The Italian Cookbook is for the basic cook-at-home, often substituting fresh for dried, The Italian Cookery Course is a great inbetween that teaches us not to compromise ingredients even for basic recipes.

It is very comprehensive and sectioned well. What I love in particular are the 3-4 different recipes for certain dishes (ragu, for example) that Katie Caldesi has sourced from different regions of Italy. Anyone that knows Italy will know that each region has its own methods, ingredients and ways of cooking so it would be impossible to comprehensively cover them all off but Katie Caldesi does a great job and clearly explains where she got the idea for the recipe.

It's the Italian cookbook I use the most now.
on 22 October 2015
A fantastic cook book - well written, well illustrated and with recipes I actually want to make. Some classics and some that are new to me, all with clear instructions. If you love Italy and Italian food you won't be disappointed with this book!
on 27 August 2016
A great cookbook, with some different things to cook
Try the chocolate and Banana folded Pizza.

It has nice photo's and information as well as very clear instructions on food, preparation and how to cook each dish.
on 29 September 2013
I bought this book for my daughter who is learning Italian cookery. It has everything in it a beginner needs to know and would also be well received by an accomplished cook. Excellent and enjoyable content. Well written.
on 1 November 2013
utterly amazing. not your average 'flick through and knock up a meal' type recipe book, this is pure italian cooking right from the heart. it is a huge lesson as much as inspiration and knowhow on this type of cooking.
on 17 September 2013
this , is one of the best books that i have ever bought, it makes me smile everytime i open it. the only problem i have with this book, is all the recipes are so good it becomes impossible to choose which to try next.