on 25 January 2014
Really good book to have for awild life garden. plenty of facts and info etc I didn't know. Husband loves it too!!
on 16 January 2014
was for a keen gardener who loves helping the garden animal visitors very colourful useful educational book well liked thankyou
on 16 September 2016
I was looking for some guidance on how to attract wildlife into my windy, sandy seaside garden. This is full of great ideas, and you also get a very personal vibe. It's not a posh coffee table book, although you can *use* it as a posh coffee table book because the photography is beautiful. But, it is evident that the author has not always had a lot of money, and the ideas are not silly or outlandish, they are practical and grounded. Not sure I will ever be able to fully do without an insect spray, but I am hoping that the ideas I've adopted will help more wildlife live a happy and full-bellied life in my garden.
on 23 October 2017
A treasure trove of ideas and practical advice for those wanting to encourage more wildlife into their garden.

The book is full of project ideas, step by step guides and general practical advice to start you on the path to having a more wildlife friendly garden, all accompanied by clear and beautiful photographs.

This is the book I always recommend others to buy who are interested in being more wildlife friendly.
on 9 August 2013
Fantastic book, full of useful information, practical tips and things to try in your own garden. Particularly found the bee identification and nest info useful - I've even discovered I have a bumble bee nest I didn't know I had previously!
on 21 November 2017
This excellent book by Kate Bradbury is essential for anyone planning a wildlife garden, or who wants to increase biodiversity in their wildlife garden! A joyous, inspiring read! You can learn how to create habitats for a glorious 'wild world on your doorstep' and also learn about the many animals that its wild beauty will attract. There is advice on which plants to grow for wildlife through the seasons and a trouble shooting page. A great book from cover to cover and one I constantly refer to! I highly recommend this book. Your children and grandchildren will love the transformation this book will enable you to make.
on 19 October 2017
A beautiful book, packed with information and tips to help in the garden - I especially liked the 'Help!' problem solving sections. There is also a 'mini field guide' that I still find handy when trying to identify all the bees, birds and butterflies I have managed to attract to my new garden thanks to this book. It's packed with plant guides, planting tips, trouble shooting and 'how to's. The photography is stunning, making it an enjoyable read - even if you don't fancy getting your hands dirty!
on 4 September 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in helping the survival of our native wildlife together with an interest in gardening. I am now full of motivation for creating special places for many species
on 29 October 2017
I'm absolutely thrilled with this book. I borrowed the first edition from the library, but as you could no longer buy this (and second hand copies were extortionate) I've been eagerly awaiting the new edition ever since it was announced. It was definitely worth the wait. The book is packed with ideas for attracting a variety of wildlife throughout the seasons, and has hints and tips for every size garden in every situation. It's going to be my go to Christmas present for any gardeners I know.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 August 2014
An utterly superb book with loads of practical tips for the wild life gardener. Lots of explanatory photos, clear and consice text. I love this book and have recommended it to several of my friends.