on 31 May 2013
This is written by a friend of mine and er life is just amazing and full of beautiful fabrics and colours. A very good book for shabby chic and vintage styles. And it proves you can do it yourself.
on 5 April 2014
My daughter is an Art Student and loves all these types of books she loved this as the styles were just up her street.
on 29 January 2013
Full of inspiration. Full of magic. I follow Tif's blog, Dottie Angel, for 2 years now and she is one of the talented woman I met on the web. LOVE LOVE LOVE this book.
on 30 January 2013
This is an ideal book for vintage lovers. Lots of wonderful quirky projects to do with stunning photographs to add to one's enjoyment .
on 16 November 2012
I don't know Tiff's co-author, but I know Tiff (Dottie Angel) and think she is just lovely. We met at a craft fair last year in St. Paul and I bought her first book from Jeannine at UPPERCASE there. Her second book is superb. I wish I knew more about her co-author but through this book, I plan to receive a thorough education as it seems both authors equally pen this book and have contributed tips and home photos throughout. It feels like a very collaborative project and I think the text reads very easily and is quite cute to read, it's very chatty and sweet.

HUGE PROPS to the book designer who did an exquisite job on the overall look and feel of the book. I really appreciate it when a book designer clicks with the authors and shares the same sensibility - you really get this marriage of the minds as you flip through each spread - the flow is perfect and it's very charming with the cute borders and tapes and other design elements were executed so nicely. I also love the fonts throughout and the inspirational layouts. Each spread was exciting to turn to, I felt a sense of anticipation as I flipped through and that is something I rarely feel in most books lately that use such formulaic lack luster layouts.

The photography was equally lovely. I could refer back to this book again and again for the photos alone. I feel like buying a second copy to take apart and pin to my mood board, but that would be naughty of me (though I still want to do it).

Note: If you are expecting a design book to learn the nuts and bolts about the granny chic style, this is not your book. It's not a design book. It's a DIY crafty book that takes a more inspirational approach to sewing and crafts and making sweet things for your home. It features 20 projects and each project is very approachable, appears easy enough, and I didn't feel like I've seen everything before on Dottie Angel's blog or Pinterest - the content still felt fresh and fun.

Well done, ladies!
Holly, decor8blog.com
on 31 October 2012
"If thou of fortune be bereft,
and in thy store there be but left
two loaves, sell one, and with the
dole, buy Granny Chic to feed thy soul."

With apologies to Moslih Eddin Saadi

Granny Chic by Tif and Rachelle has been well worth the wait - what a beautiful and engaging book. It feels good from the moment you pick it up; a cover reminiscent of barkcloth and just the right feel and weight to the inside pages to suggest the kind of book that becomes a well stuffed, long lived and loved resource.

The content more than lives up to the promises made - every page is crammed with the kind of eclectic imagery and colourways quintessential to its title; and fabrics I can only dream of finding! There is plenty of space for your own noted and ideas too. Whether you are a full blown devotee or someone who's granny soul is only just emerging, this book gives you confidence to try things out - practical patterns and ideas are not complicated but inspirational and achievable....and don't even get me started on Maude and Gladys!

It's writers encourage a thrifty, Granny Chic mindset, with a focus on being individual - not a mere slavish following of instructions or formulaic approach to decorating - it is this lifestyle and attitude, so willingly shared by its writers that makes the book both comforting and refreshing at the same time - just lovely.
on 2 December 2015
proud to say my daughter was the co writer
on 23 November 2012
This is such a lovely book & is full of gorgeous photos & fabulous ideas.
Very inspiring! I am going to have a go to crochet the tea cosy first...very excited!
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 December 2012
I was so excited to receive my copy of Granny Chi, having been a follwer of both these ladies blogs for a while, and it did not disappoint. Well done absolutely love it.
on 30 October 2012
My copy of Granny Chic finally arrived this week after being on preorder since July. I have not been disappointed with it. Tif Fussell and Rachelle Blondel (aka dottie angel and ted & agnes) are granny makers of the peachiest kind, and their ideas for helping everyone to have a home full of granny chic are clear, concise and beautifully set out. This is a delightful book of how-tos and recipies from eveything from crochet bags, pretty dishcloths, floor rugs, cushions and strings of what-nots to decorate your abode. A definite buy for anyone who already enjoys their blogs, and for new followers alike. As for me, I'm of to don my rose-coloured spectacles and dabble with some bias binding and fabric glue whilst treading the righteous and goodly path of handcrafted and secondhand goodies!