on 11 July 2013
just been trying out a few recipes of this great book on grains. i have been eating grains for a while now and have been successfully losing weight by leaving out pasta and potatoes and replacing those carbs with grains. i was starting to lack inspiration on how to combine grains in an interesting and tasty way. this book does exactly that. of the 3 recipes i have tried, they seem easy to follow, well explained and the results have been as per the pictures.
the book also describes the different grains in detail as well as the history of the grain.
the book is light in weight even though its thick and the layout is clean and contempory. its not just a book for the cookbook shelf in the kitchen but would look great on any coffee table due to the fantastic photography.
i get the feeling that grains is the buzz word in cooking right now but most people dont know much beyond quinoa or couscous. this book allows you to be far more extensive with all sorts of other grains that i had not heard of but are actually readily available and can be cooked with little sweat !
i recommend this book if you are looking to have a resource that will give you easy, tasty and impressive looking dishes that are healthy. the dishes i tried are both suitable for a weekday lunch or entertaining formally.
great book.
on 11 July 2013
I have been waiting for a book like this for ages!! It is full of delicious recipes, many of which are super healthy. I never realised how many interesting and nutritious grains there are out there and this is really the cooking bible for them. I have also been very pleasantly surprised that I have managed to get my extremely fussy kids to eat many of the things I have cooked from it!
So far favourite recipes are:- DIY muesli, spiced sweet corn and pumpkin fritters, quinoa avocado and pea shoot salad with tahini dressing, ultimate superfood salad, wheat berry broad bean rocket and chorizo salad and the AMAZING easy soufflés.
on 11 July 2013
Perfect for anyone who's trying to cook different family recipes every week that are nutritious but has got stuck in a rut! I never knew there were so many ways to cook rice and other grains or that they are so full of nutrients. I've only just bought a copy of this, but am ploughing my way through and loving it! I've also photocopied the cooking guide to put on my fridge - as I always seem to get my rice cooking wrong. Favourites are the granola, Asian papaya and beef salad with wild rice and the delicious cranachan style ice cream (which I made for a dinner party on Saturday and everyone loved).
on 12 January 2014
Very interesting read, full of new information and inspirational recipes, totally agree with what other reviewers say! But wouldn't you expect such a book to actually include pictures of all these weird and wonderful grains, to help you with identification? Hello, Google, here I come..
on 28 September 2013
I had read a review of this book in a magazine and it sounded great. I ordered it and was not disappointed. I have long been a fan of quinoa and was looking for other ways to use this grain. The book gave me more ideas on quinoa and lots of other grains I hd not thought of using before. The recipes are easy to follow, different and can be adapted if needed to suit all tastes. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in trying something new..
on 18 July 2013
great for wholesome low cost meals great book a good addition to any cookery book collection

would recommend to a friend
on 24 May 2014
This is more than just a cookbook with great recipes. It is also a fascinating resource packed with information. A great book if you want to try and add something more than potatoes, rice and pasta to your everyday diet. I'm inspired.
on 1 October 2013
I saw this at my niece's house and flicked through it and was grabbed by how interesting the recipes were. I bought it immediately and haven't been disappointed. Even my fussy eater husband is enjoying the meals.
on 11 August 2014
A very interesting and imaginative book. I thought I knew my stuff, but this has taught me some new tricks and introduced me to some new grains that I just love - try freekeh, it's just great and doesn't go mushy like quinoa can.
on 15 July 2013
This book is a revelation - it has opened my eyes to a whole new world...so many grains that I had never heard of before, let alone cooked. Packed with the most delicious and nutritious recipes, Amazing Grains makes such a refreshing change from the same old recipes that seem to be rehashed all too often. It's a must for any keen cook's bookshelf - tuck in now!