Customer reviews

on 28 October 2014
This is a hilarious story! My kids love it. It is about these two robber dogs, Shifty McGifty and Slippery Sam. They are two gloomy robber dogs who are no good at robbing! They tried robbing the bank, the butcher's, the paper shop, the bookshop, the bike shop and even the zoo! With no luck.
So they plan to have a party at their house, with the intention of robbing their neighbours while they were partying. The cook up a storm (they don't know how to cook, but they pick it up from cookbooks)..cupcakes and doughnuts and have fun cooking! And as they carry out their plot of robbing the neighbours, they are busted. It's a fun plot. The story is good. It ends well too! The illustrations are beautiful. I love the way the pictures are done. Good book!
3 people found this helpful
on 18 February 2017
My 3 year old loves this book. Its beautifully illustrated, and lovely to read. I love the sing songy style, and the "crime is bad" moral. While my daughter loves all the different dogs, the hiding spider on each page and the fact that dogs have teddies too.
She's desperate for the next in the series.
One person found this helpful
on 10 May 2016
Whenever I'm getting the room ready for bedtime and its Daddy's turn, I ask him what he wants to read our 11 month old daughter. He ALWAYS requests Shifty! I don't even get a look in on reading this book. He loves it! And fortunately our little girl adores it too. Lovely story, lovely illustrations, we have have both books and will be getting the third in the summer
on 1 August 2016
I love this book so much I think I want to read it more than my daughter sometimes! Excellent story, superb rhyming and delightful pictures. Suitable for around ages 3 - 8.
on 13 October 2016
Really enjoyed this with the kids. Well illustrated. Great storyline. Bad dog turns good . Quite unexpected twists
on 20 July 2016
Cute for the slightly order toddler and did make me smile as well. I love when things are write in ryhming story telling.
on 15 May 2018
What a brilliant set of books!
As attention is getting longer these books give just that bit more storey and nice as a series.
My 3.5yr old loves them and is hooked
on 7 September 2015
My grandson always checks the back pages of a book to see what other one similar ones are available and loves to collect and read them all. Having read the second book first my grandson was insistent that we bought the first one (this one ) and he was not disappointed.
on 4 February 2016
Adorable book. I read it (again) to my 3 year old last night, and he said, 'Oh good, a good book!' as he saw our reading choice for the evening. Enjoyed by adults and children alike.
on 21 April 2018
My son loved this book and it's one he reads over and over again, which says it all. The characters are brilliantly thoughtout as are the plots.