Customer reviews

Goldilocks and Just the One Bear
Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 February 2016
Fantastic book! I am a school teacher and use this for my children who are in are in Year 1. The kids loved the story and surprisingly for me they understood that the bear in the story was actually Baby Bear from Goldilocks and 3 bears without prompting and the girl in the city was Goldilocks as a mummy with her own family. The illustrations were eye catching and the children enjoyed them very much.
The book came well packaged and arrived promptly as expected.
on 2 December 2013
I bought this book for my nearly three year old granddaughter who has been enjoying fairy tales for a little while now. There is only a little text in this book so I was concerned that it might be a bit babyish compared to the densely described ladybird stories, however the illustrations are great fun so I thought it was worth a go.

Firstly this is a great read aloud book because it uses onomatopoeia to great effect: words like whooshy and ouchy with a great illustration to help convey the meaning - and you can really make a great performance out of telling the simple story.

My GD is working on age appropriate literacy so she will retell the story herself afterwords in her own words. It is interesting to hear from this retelling what concepts have really hit home. I was surprised to discover that she really grasped the idea of dreaming about something and then discovering that you are actually wide awake and it is real!

My GD enjoys this book so much that she asks for it every bedtime in our house (twice a week). She obviously finds the happy ending very pleasing and it settles her down for sleep. It also provides the opportunity to get some closure on the naughtiness of Goldilocks in the original story which the GD is just old enough to find a little disquieting.
on 11 March 2017
I heard about this book but everywhere else was selling it for expensive. As usual I found it on Amazon with a great price ! Story is not as good as original one but I recommend it for goldilocks fans
on 24 July 2014
Bought this as my daughter loves the Princess and the Peas story and I saw this advertised on the back inside cover. It is a good follow on story from the original. We enjoy the book a lot.
on 15 July 2013
I have bought three recent retellings of the classic nursery story, including one from Jessica Ahlberg and another from Mo Willems. Each is independently successful (the Willems having tongue-in-cheek fun for share aloud reading) with this proving a real bedtime reading treat!
on 22 August 2016
This is a lighthearted spin on the original fairy tale. Such a wonderful story. My daughter thoroughly enjoyed this book! Highly recommend for other little ones.

[...]
review imagereview imagereview image
on 6 March 2015
came with rest of order in one box on time. good quality packaging and great alternative to the normal traditional story....
on 19 January 2016
Bought this book for my nursery class, age 3-4. I have just quickly read through the book and it looks brilliant!!! I think the children will love it!!
on 5 November 2016
Our children love this book. Would recommend it. The added bonus is the link to an audio version as well.
on 11 April 2013
Great book, beautifully written and illustrated, slant to traditional tale.Nosy Crow the publishers have some lovely books on sale.Thanks, the girls in my class loved it.