Format: Hardcover|Change

on 19 March 2017
My daughters finding this book amusing
on 28 December 2016
Excellent collection of Roald Dahl rhymes.
on 12 November 2016
a funny book bought as a present for granddaughter.
on 10 March 2005
I read this book quite a few years ago as a child, and loved it. Even when I read it now, it still brings a smile to my face.
The poems are about animals, as the title would suggest, but often the more gruesome child-like side. For example, the poem about Daisy the cow, my personal favourite.
The rhyming schemes and lengths of the poems vary, which keeps the book interesting.
I would recommend this book for children and parents alike, as it is funny yet makes poetry seem fun and easy. As a child, I remember wanting to write my own poetry like it. 7 years later, I am doing so for my A Level English Language work. It is book that is difficult to forget, but for all the right reasons.
on 5 October 2000
We took this audiobook with us in the car on holiday and we all thoroughly enjoyed the Roald Dahl magical humour. We played it over and over again to the point when we knew the verses by heart! The children loved it so much that I have now bought the book as well.
on 15 March 2015
I loved this picture book with the rhyming tales all involving animals. From the pig trying to work out the purpose of its life, the crocodile who likes boys who taste of mustard and girls who taste of caramel and butterscotch, the vengeful cow, the stingaling scorpion, the hungry ant-eater, the prickly porcupine and the beast in a kid's tummy. Also great to see the Roly Poly bird who features in quite a few Roald Dahl's books. All very memorable characters and rhymes. Loved it!
on 18 June 2001
A favourite bedtime book for my two children 4,6, which I thoroughly enjoy reading. Short tales about people and animals written in rhyming verse, with a "naughty" hint to them which leaves us all smiling. A great fun read.
on 22 August 2011
Ahhhhh an all-time classic book which brings back so many happy hours bed-time reading with my children. My original book took some bashing so had to be discarded, but what an excuse to buy another copy! Fun all the way through and children just love the grizzly rhymes and stories. My own children recite the book from over 30 years ago without even having the book in hand. Memorable to say the least!! Now my grandchildren enjoy it too. Arrived quickly and well packaged.
on 15 July 2016
I was bought this at a book fair during my childhood some 20 years ago. I now read the stories with my own children who love the rhymes and the pictures. Especially crocky wock the crocodile who likes to crunch 6 juicy children for his lunch, the boys smeared in mustard and girls in butterscotch and caramel & stingaling the scorpion who likes to sting you upon your rump. It has them giggling every time we read this book alongside revolting rhymes.
on 21 April 2015
This is one of the most HILARIOUS poetry books we have ever read! This was our breakfast reading for a few mornings & although the younger kids did not get all the humor, the older ones did. We originally borrowed it from the library but had to order a copy of our own. FANTASTIC!

Who needs coffee to start your day when you can read this & gain a BIG smile!