on 5 March 2012
I watched the movie Eragon a few years back when my Sister bought the DVD, she loves the books and has looked forward to the complete series for months! I must admit that it didn't sound like the type of thing I would normally go for so I didn't take her advice and read the books. I purchased the complete hardback box-set for her Christmas and since it was a great deal I bought a set for my own library. This turned out to be one of the best decisions I'd made that month. I had enjoyed the film but it wasn't one of my favorites. The book (like 99% of the time) was 100 times better than the movie, I was hooked, I couldn't put it down. The adventure was great and I connected immediately to the characters and felt their struggles, pain and joy. I read the first book whenever I could find a few minutes in-between tasks and had it finished in just a few days, Im now halfway through the second and things are just getting better! I think at times it is possible to tell that Paolini is young when he writes but that only makes me more impressed that he has come with such a great story and characters at the age of just 15 and had the confidence to go out and make them a worldwide success!

I look forward to the remainder of the journey, I have recommended these books to my family and friends, who I know will enjoy it just as much as I have.
on 15 November 2011
I got my new books went straight into reading the third book (as had already read the first 2 just before) when i came across the box was broken and so applied to get a replacement! I went on reading the book when i came across page 257 which had quite a big chunk of the writing not printed properly!! SO i was glad to be sending it back.

Recieved the replacement and thought i would check the page....again the same problem!!
So if you recently bought this I would recommend looking at the page because i believe there has been a fault in the printing process!!
To have to lots with the same page bit missing i think is a bit strange!!

So i will be sending this one back and hopefully there won't be any more words missing!!

If you also find a blank on page 257 of Brisingr then comment cos i believe this is unacceptable!

Books are a great read though!! Definately worth getting them (assuming they don't also have the little hiccup in book 3)
22 Comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 January 2012
Received this set after deciding to buy it because I never read the books before. Ordered them on a Tuesday and my estimated delivery date was the following Monday, and I received them the Friday before so pretty happy with the delivery.

The books themselves are in a shiny cardboard box which is a the same as the picture used above (Reminded me of when I got Harry Potter 1-4 when I was younger for Christmas). I watched an unboxing on YouTube of the set but the books weren't shown in detail in the video so I didn't know what to expect. The books themselves are of pretty high quality and don't feel the least bit cheap. But the last book Inheritance did have a small bit of glue on the top of the pages so I had to pick it off before opening it but I don't mind that.

After reading the first review of the set I checked the page 257 of the third book and found there was no print missing but the pages were kind of stuck together.

I also like how if you remove the paper sleeve off the book, the books have that kind old book feel with the title on the spine of the book in gold.

Having never read the books before I can't suggest them to others but I hope to get stuck into the books soon enough;)

(edit).....Finished the series on July 4th and can honestly say it's one of the best set of books I'v read. Loved them to the very last page and would definitely suggest them to others.
on 27 December 2012
All the Inheritance Cycle Books collected in one convenient place.
I wish more authors/ publishers did this as it makes it a lot easier to get a "Complete" series.
on 25 February 2013
I read the original book and thoroughly enjoyed it inspiring me to read further. Although I feel that Paolini occasionally loses his way with the story and perhaps waffles a little instead of continuing the story pace, overall he has a lovely fluid way of writing that makes the characters come alive in such a way that one feels they really are part of the story too! I recommend this set highly. The hardback editions are lovely and can be read and re-read for years to come. Enjoy!
on 6 November 2014
I am so glad I bought this set, if you haven't read the books or even if you have this is the best way of getting them all together. The box is beautifully made and sturdy and each of the hardback books are also equally well crafted. The slip covers and designs are good quality and all look great as part of the set. Can't wait to read them as they look fantastic.
on 24 December 2013
I bought this set for my daughter for Christmas as she's a huge fan. The books are really well presented in a box file and will look great on her shelf. She hasn't opened them yet, but I've no doubt she'll be delighted! They are a lovely gift that she'll be able to keep.

The books arrived in good time and were very carefully packaged - very happy!
on 12 November 2014
Already have the first three books in a mixture of hardback and softback. However, I wanted a nice box set. They delivered exactly what I wanted. Initially, I was worried because the packaging was mediocre. However, there was no damage at all. A great set!!!
on 21 November 2012
I bought this for my kids although they are in their twenties, they love it. I bought it as a present and it arrived in plenty of time and was a great gift to buy.
on 12 January 2013
We all enjoyed this brilliant first book so we got this for our sons Christmas, what a wonderful surprise to see such a beautiful edition!