on 2 October 2013
terry pratchett is my favourite writer and this story is worth reading met the author at a book signing once he
is a good guy and i got my picture taken with him
on 4 August 2014
I am very much enjoying the 'Long' set of books. The first was super and a great mix of Pratchett and Baxter. This goes a long way into opening up the 'Long' worlds.
on 13 May 2015
Written with pace humour and a touch of terror- a great writing team whose partnership cut tragically short- I am aching to read the rest of this outstanding series.
on 13 July 2014
Fresh and brilliantly paced, I was very surprised to find myself at the end when I felt that I had barely begun. Very much looking forward to the third instalment.
on 16 October 2013
The plot took a long time to reveal itself and progress was slow. Having said that, however, I found myself beginning to enjoy it about half way through the book.
on 10 June 2014
Terry Pratchett has a better imagination than this. the stage is interesting but the execution is to predictable. will I read the third book in the series? Maybe.
on 10 August 2014
This book was gripping and difficult to put down, less emphasis on some of the characters in the first book, but with some excellent new personalities thrown in.
on 2 September 2013
Not as good as The Long Earth. Found the story disjoined and jumping back and forth between characters, situations and plots. I got very confused toward the end!
on 29 August 2013
Gave them benefit of the doubt after the uneventful first book but this is more of the same ramble which goes nowhere aside from the totally predictable climax.
on 10 December 2014
much better than the first book. It feels like the strands of the various stories are coming together. I know it may sound daft, but it actually feels plausible.