The Lost Testament
Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 28 December 2017
Nothing new here. The familiar plot about the Roman Catholic Church suppressing the truth, and stopping at nothing to prevent it being published. The writing is acceptable, the plot is mediocre. And I am tired of these books portraying the Vatican as the baddies. I'm Christian, but not a Roman Catholic -- the writer gives his own views in an afterword, where he says that nothing in the Gospels can be proved. Total rubbish. The writer knows little about the Bible and Christianity. Poor effort.
on 26 September 2017
Really good read. I couldn't put it down. Set in England with the two main characters English...which made me wonder why there was the occasional Americanism such as 'trunk', 'cops' and 'tire' instead of 'boot', 'police' and 'tyre'. There was one place where Mallory calls Robin Angela - which was odd! However, whilst this would usually bug me the story was well paced and one of the best of the genre. I bought and read the second book in the series immediately. Looking for a third one now.
on 18 April 2014
The only shame about a James Becker novel like this one is that it's all over too quickly, once you start reading it you can't put it down. And then when you finish it you simply want more. It's a long preamble until we pick up Angela Lewis for the first time, but it paints a great picture. Throughout you just want to know 'what could be so damaging to the church?' and the fast paced action is superb. You do wonder sometimes how Chris Bronson always seems to make the right call but it doesn't diminish anything from what is another great read. And I love that, although it's a novel, there is a basis of fact which I then spend ages "checking out". Can't wait for the next one, hopefully later this year. Please.
on 10 April 2017
Surprisingly good read, really kept me going. Just bought it for my long bus commute, but keen on reading others by the author.
on 29 January 2015
I've read all the Chris Bronson stories and enjoy them very much, the stories behind the main characters are always full of depth and extremely enthralling and quite believable!! You forget that fact when it's gripped you!! I look forward to the next adventure because I know it'll be just as good!!!
on 17 April 2016
This is the first book I've read from this author and I really enjoyed it. Great characters throughout & fast paced storytelling, I'll definitely look at his other novels.
on 7 February 2018
This book is very interesting and recommend to people who are interested in the Templars
on 3 August 2014
I have only just got into this author, this is the third book of his I have read. Like the other two I absolutely loved this book and will be looking for his other books. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes Dan Brown books. These are better than anything he has written.
on 29 February 2016
Not a bad book overall, I don't regret reading it, but there are books that are just as good if not better out there.
on 16 May 2014
But its not. I found it difficult at first but after the second chapter it started making sense (not like me now)!! I didn't want to enjoy it at first but I couldn't help it. Not bad not bad at all.