Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 May 2017
This is the story of Olly, Rebecca and Jo - three friends from university. They say it's always bad luck to predict or plan where you want to be in 10 years time because things never pans out as one expects and that's exactly the case here.

A lovely book about friendship, loyalty, tragedy and love.
on 31 July 2016
I love this author's writing style, it is gentle and pulls you into the story, because the characters are realistic and three dimensional. This book is about realising that life is short and you never know what the future will hold so grab onto it and enjoy every moment. We follow Rebecca as she tries to rebuild her life after tragedy strikes. It's an emotional journey and sad at times but it is also uplifting.
on 31 March 2014
Alice Peterson's book flips between university and her life ten years on. The formula works well and you find yourself caring about what happens to Becca, Olly and Nick. I raced through it sort of guessing the end but wanting to see how she'd get there. The book isn't just a romance, it's a sensitive and I felt realistic portrayal of a person in grief. Worth reading!
on 31 January 2013
This is a wonderful book , I found some of it reminded me of the book One Day by David Nicholls. The characters in this book are so real. I loved this book so much I read it in 2 days and even had tears in my eyes at the end , which is rare for me. I shall definitely be reading more by Alice Peterson.
on 25 June 2017
Loved this book, it was nicely written with an engaging story and interesting characters.
on 19 July 2017
I loved this book. could not put it down.
on 24 December 2015
As a hopeless romantic this book ticks all the boxes.
Loved it from beginning to end.
Will definitely reread this book x
on 19 July 2017
Nice easy reafing to take you away from your own worries and strife
on 27 April 2017
Irritating going from one era and back
Ten Years On centres around the two characters Rebecca and Joe. Rebecca is an instantly loveable and warm character who you just feel the need to wrap her up in bubble wrap and look after her!

When we first meet Joe he is definitely a ladies man but as the book progresses I found that each time Joe is around I was getting a little hot under the collar (as were most of the characters in the book!) It has been ten years since they last had contact but now Rebecca's circumstances change and she finds herself running back to her childhood home while she recovers, the last thing she expected was for Joe to still be in the same village. They are forced to confront their past which caused them to lose contact but will they be able to move on and start a new chapter?

I am sure any of you who read Monday to Friday Man had a tear in your eye by the end of that book, well I think you will have a tear at the beginning, middle and end of Ten Years On! I have not had a real weepy book since Me Before You but the old lump in the throat definitely occurs in this book but although it is an emotional read, I didn't find it really low and depressing. I was gripped from the start of this book and I think it is because it is such a touching and easy read which flowed at a great pace all the way through meaning I couldn't put it down hence the reason I finished it in one sitting!

The story alternates at times back when Rebecca and Joe first knew each other and then back again to 10 years later when they re-meet. I loved this as it gave the characters more depth and gave us more insight into the relationship between the two characters. We don't find out until a little further on as to why Rebecca and Joe lost contact but I did have an inkling as to why this could have been but this didn't ruin the storyline or the enjoyment of the book.

It was quite clear that a little research had been done for this book as there were some very interesting references and tips when it came to wine tasting so I am assuming that the author had quite an interesting time doing research for this book!

This is a definite for all of your to be read piles a little weepy and a lot of hope this one will be pulling at your heart strings. I will definitely be reading more work in the future by Alice Peterson.