on 17 May 2015
Although it helps to be a petrol head to enjoy flat out fat broke I'm pretty sure anybody can take something from it because it's a tale of constantly overcoming rejection until you finally succeed. I wish I had that kind of never say die attitude. There are lots of laughs along the way (shark attack gazette - I dont want to say more because I'll give it away but it had me spilling my coffee all over it was so funny) and some sad times but that just makes it very three dimensional.
on 23 August 2017
A brilliant book! Lots of laughs and an absorbing story about his struggles to succeed in the cut throat world of motor racing.
on 5 November 2013
This has to be one of the funniest books about motor racing and his attempts to reach the top. Perry McCarthy's story is an inspiration, not just to racing drivers, but anybody trying to get to the top in their chosen field.
on 18 September 2015
brilliant
on 8 April 2014
A fascinating autobiog, told with good humour and feeling. Perry is a seriously determined character and has certainly had an interesting journey.
on 21 March 2015
I've known Perry from my racing days, and always known he'd write a good book.... Well he hasn't written a good book... He's written a brilliant book. He's been a hard racer, done hugely entertaining after dinner speeches, and this book is candied and insightful as well as bed wettingly funny! He grafted to get into F1, I saw him do it first hand! He is the man F1 left behind... And more fool them! Read this book, learn about the real world. How to push your life forward no matter what! Many people say "follow your dream"... You'll see Perry pulled it along kicking and screaming!
on 7 January 2014
This book was for a stocking filler for my young racing driver grandson
I think he has enjoyed the read
on 17 March 2014
If you love motor racing or just a damn good read then this is it. This is a fabulous book one mans triumph over adversity. Life on the edge. Couldn't put it down. Buy it.