on 15 June 2017
Bought as a birthday gift for my pal who had read the book.its quite hard to locate in First place but when you read book and realise the challenges just to produce any pictures and then to have them remastered from the original film that endured all sorts of conditions over 4 years the book adds to the original account and a window to the past.beautiful pictures and tells own story even if not a motorcyclist ( as I am not) it's still fascinating.
on 14 October 2013
This book has incredible photos of life & of the landscape of an amazing journey around the planet called earth.
on 8 January 2014
When I was 25 I wanted to do the same it was 1995 and SA has just shrugged of the yoke of apartheid I hardly had any money but I thought I will work as I go. I got as far as the Angolan border where I had served as a national serviceman when the bike died a hole in two of the pistons too expensive to repair. It always was an unaccomplished dream.

I eventually emigrated to the UK but always the yearning to travel then I read Jupiter's travels in 2010. I had to put it down after the 4th chapter in fear that I might be on my way the next day. The itch has finally arrived again bike is being prepped and everything. Financial state now a lot healthier, 12 months away from my departure.

Then I saw the add for this book whilst I was waiting for it to arrive I dug out my copy of Jupiter's travels finished it and boy was I pleasantly surprised it bring the original book completely to life in pictures. When you realise that this adventure took place 40 years ago with very little preparation, when Zimbabwe was still Rhodesia and Maputo was still good old LM Lorenzo Marques.

Today is completely different people are traveling all over the world like this with there adventures documented almost instantaneously with the power of the web being everywhere. Today we have the aid of GPS phones and emergency devices that alerts people to where we are and if we are in peril. You can only tip your hat to these early pioneers

Thanks Ted great book
on 2 November 2013
superb just superb a great photographic account of one of the great long distance travellers of the modern age some people think but some do .
on 3 November 2013
The photos and descriptives are fascinating. This book would complement any book lovers library and you don't have to be a biker to appreciate it.
on 19 January 2015
Excellent book nicely finished and produced. I had to wait months for it to come back into stock - worth the wait though. Nice to see the images from having read the book all those years ago. You can only be left trying to imagine all of the images that were not caught by Ted on his incredible journey! Somehow, I can't imagine this storey being the same if it had not been done on a motorcycle.
on 28 January 2014
A beautifully crafted book, presenting Ted's wonderful photos and enough text from Jupiter's Travels (plus updates) to give an evocative sense of the journey. If you have read Jupiter's Travels, then this will bring it all back to life again. If you haven't read the original book yet, this acts as a great primer and companion to one of the best traveller stories there is.
on 23 December 2013
"Jupiter's Travels" was a wonderful book - life changing for many, I imagine. Now, to have Ted Simon's incredible journey illustrated by remarkably high quality and interesting photographs taken at the time, plus additional details of his adventure, makes for a very worthwhile book, especially for fans of the original. Very enjoyable and thoroughly recommended.
on 3 March 2015
What a fascinating book! I loved it. A significant new level has been opened up by In Camera. Great to see the shots and it's been brilliant to have the chance to fill in so many of the gaps from the original Jupiter's Travels. So glad Ted Simon decided to publish this!
on 23 December 2016
Excellent accompaniment to the book, my copy arrived signed by Ted himself. It's great to see the places Ted went to and the faces he met at the time he made his remarkable trip. Anyone who enjoyed Jupiters Travels will gain immensely from this.