on 27 March 2013
It was very informative and i liked it, imight try to build my own computer. Sometimes it is cheaper to buy it off the shelf.
on 7 January 2015
Not bad, perhaps aimed solely at total beginners with lots of basic definitions and explaining what components actually do. I would have liked the chapters on the actual construction to be longer and more detailed. Also some of the information is outdated (the 5th edition was published in 2012). But the content that is there is well-written.
on 26 March 2014
We purchased a new PC in its component parts and then purchased this book - as it happened the case pictured is exactly the same as the one we purchased. The instructions are concise and clear and we did not have to look for info anywhere else other than in the individual component part instruction documentation.
on 23 May 2014
This book is just marvellous ,if you don't know anything about computers. this will really help you out ,when you're building your first computer. Very clear and understanding step-by-step you really cannot go wrong. I purchased 2 of these books one for myself and one for my brother, which love the book.
on 20 August 2013
Excellent book. I have now built a first class Windows 8 desktop with 2 hard drives with high spec performance at a fraction of commercial prices plus I now have a better understanding of the various components and how they work together.
on 26 December 2014
This book has two builds to tackle, after explaining all the relevant bits and pieces. Both examples are well described and documented on all the procedures involved.
on 4 January 2014
Could have done with a newer update if there was one as things move on in this industry very quickly but it did help with the essentials, gave some good advice though
on 19 December 2013
If your only starting your first computer build like I am I would recommend this book. Takes you through all the components and the recommended requirements.
on 10 January 2014
I found this book indispensable when building my first PC. Step by step with usual pictures of each stage, also useful guidelines about product purchases.
on 21 November 2013
precise clear any enthusiastic amateurs ideal gift would save a bomb on building your own customised computer extreme value for money get it now