on 29 January 2015
Perfect present. Was not quite as up to date as I had hoped but the general information was excellent.
on 23 March 2015
Particularly good book
on 4 August 2015
Purchased this for my step-grand-daughter who will be going to Bristol Uni this year. Absolutely delighted with it and has found the information very helpful and cannot wait to get there!!
on 4 April 2015
Interesting and a bit quirky.
on 30 December 2013
tongue in cheek look at food and daily life as a student,my lad who is 16 loved it and will be taking it with him to college
2 people found this helpful
on 24 July 2012
I thought this is the author's first attempt at professional writing - you know, student straight out of Uni, full of tales to tell, tips on drinks, advice on the pitfalls to avoid etc etc. Therefore I was prepared to overlook some of the inevitable bad writing and clichéd 'prose' and tips on health and binge drinking. Hell, there were even three glowing reviews for the book and it only came out recently! What could I lose?

A lot, me thinks. Missed the fact that this is written by a journalist - a seasoned one supposedly. So why the sloppy grammar? Why the rushed 'research' which misses some service providers when mentioning others? Oh, and if you do get your hands on one - marvel at the "experts" offering comment. Hilarious.

A poor effort all round. And even a poorer show are the efforts by the author's friends to prop up the star rating of this book here on Amazon. The book only came out this summer but apparently it helped somebody get through their degree. In 1999. Class.

So while it might not deserve merely one star, I feel that the other three reviews aren't actual ones and it certainly doesn't deserve five stars. Hence the one.
2 people found this helpful
on 13 July 2012
I bought the book to give me some guidance before (hopefully) starting university in September as I was struggling to find something comprehensive and I'm really pleased I did! It gives loads of tips and information for students from things like student bank accounts and student loans, to more personal bits. Whilst it is really informative the tone of the book is quite tongue in cheek and fun so it was easy to read. Overall a great read and something I'll definitely dip into time and time again.
on 26 July 2012
This was a very interesting read and a must have for not just the thousands of university students around the UK, but also the parents whose children are leaving home for the first time. Highly recommended.
on 15 July 2012
This manual is up to date and realistic for today's student. Covers just about everything, and gives useful tips and links. Good buy overall! x
on 11 September 2012
Brilliant book that is essential for anyone about to head off to uni. Great tips and very funny. Highly recommend it!