on 15 November 2016
A well written very moving book about a journey we hope we never have to make, but know that one day we will. Lisa writes without self pity but puts over very well what a deverstatingly cruel, soul destroying journey it is. It made me think a great deal about my own life and made me determined to make the most of it. You never know when it's going to change. Thank you Lisa.
on 10 April 2014
Having experienced the loss of my husband a few years ago through an RTA I completely understood where Lisa was coming from with the feeling of loss. Lisa and Patrick came over as a loving complete couple with problems like the rest of us. The book was hard to read and your heart went out to them, but what an inspirational couple. Rest in peace Patrick.
VINE VOICEon 22 October 2012
Throughout the book, Mrs Swayze questions whether or not she can cope with her husband's illness, whether she has the strength to deal with the fact that he has cancer. All I will say is that her "Buddy" chose well all those years ago because she moved heaven and earth to look after him. She left no medical stone unturned in her search for a cure.
on 11 July 2012
I am french and my english is quite bad.
I enjoyed to learn about Patrick and Lisa.Lisa's style of writting is very delightfull and, as a french, it was easy to read this book and very interesting !I send a mail to Lisa on Facebook and she answered me.She is a very gracious personn !
I wish God and Patrick protect her !
on 23 December 2013
This book was interesting but could be a little bit boring at times because it was mainly about medication and managing pain etc , I preferred the one called Time of my Life, it was a lot more interesting and a lot less depressing. I would prefer to recommend - Time of my life rather than this story.
on 25 June 2013
I would definitely recommend reading this book! I bought and read this book after seeing an advert for a Patrick Swayze movie and even though it's a tough subject, it's well written and truly inspiring. Even though you know what happens in the end it is still heart breaking to read parts of it.
on 17 November 2015
I cried reading this book, didn't realise how much Patrick actually went through in his fight against cancer. I felt like I was on the journey with them. I lost my nan to pancreatic cancer and I learnt more about the disease by reading this book than I had by looking at leaflets etc.
on 5 March 2013
As a Patrick Swayze fan and after reading his autobiography it was really nice to read Lisa's book. She is extremely honest and truthfull (or so it reads) and it is really well written. I enjoyed reading this heartfelt book of Lisa sharing their experience.
on 8 January 2013
A beautifully written book which offers an indight into the life and death Of Patrick! I have never really had a lot of time for the author but having read the book I have a new found admiration for her. A great read and a heartbreaking book!
on 28 September 2016
This is a very honest and detailed account of both their battle against Patrick's illness and the aftermath. I found it very therapeutic and after initial misgivings very pleased that I read this. A shared loss is better than a lonely one.