Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(4 star). See all 124 reviews
on 8 July 2017
Lovely book full of wonderful recipies
on 30 August 2017
Another good book by Lisa Faulkner again well illustrated..very easy to follow instructions.
on 3 April 2012
Recipes from my Mother for my Daughter

I was so excited when I discovered I could download this recipe book onto my Kindle. It looks to be a lovely book with good reviews of the hardback version. I spend time abroad and imagined this would make it so easy to have my recipe books both at home and away. Unfortunately, the book is unusable even on the highest font. I guess the type face in the paper version must be in different colours, none of which have reproduced well on the Kindle. The lack of contrast makes it impossible to see unless you have a good light and a magnifying glass. Not a good stance when one is trying to follow a recipe. I am so disappointed because it looks to have some great recipes in it. I am left now wondering whether to buy the paper version but that defeats my original decision of having it on Kindle so I could use it abroad without the weight of the book taking up my luggage allowance. I do hope Amazon will be able to rectify this. I have contacted Amazon Kindle and they are to refund the payment.
I have given it 4 stars because I am not criticising the book - just warning other Kindle users to beware.
on 1 March 2012
This is a lovely book, full of manageable recipes for the whole family to make. Lisa's love of cooking is evident and comes through with the little stories she tells with each recipe. A wonderful addition of my quite extensive cookbook collection.
on 10 January 2014
Book is fantastic and full of great everyday recipes. Only downside to this transaction was that this was a gift and when it arrived one of the corners was slightly damaged.
on 5 May 2012
This is a really nice book. The recipes are easy enough & really tasty. The way in which it is written gives it a lovely gentle approach that shows how much pleasure has gone into these recipes & the creation of the book itself.
on 14 July 2015
Much used and enjoyed. Good family recipes. My children like the Stacks carbonara in particular!
on 10 June 2012
Despite knowing nothing about the author, I bought this book because I thought it would have a lot of ideas for uncomplicated, everyday family favourites - and in this I was not disappointed. The book is split into chapters by season and is nicely presented, and I have found that browsing the summer chapter has inspired me to cook fresh, which can only be a good thing - I have already made pork chops with ratatouille and the Fantasy cake, which was delicious. I agree with some reviewers who have pointed out that the book draws heavily on her personal experiences, with a long preface about her experiences of IVF and adoption and the impact of her mother's death. It is tastefully written and but I can imagine that this aspect would divide readers, as it is not really just a cookbook but also a personal memoir, and personally I found the repetition of 'Mummy' and 'Daddy' a little grating, though I would not want this to detract from the recipes, which are varied and could target different levels of culinary ability - I have already found several recipes to bookmark which were outside of my comfort zone but are do-able now thanks to Lisa.
on 4 April 2012
Have just downloaded this for my Kindle on my iPad ......... REALLY disappointed that you cant change the font size ...... its pretty small and will be difficult to follow when actually cooking from the book.......#
on 10 October 2014
Easy cook book , with easy engredients !