on 11 April 2014
I received my copy of “Bad Brides” just in time for a long weekend break in Cyprus, as I’ve read all Rebecca’s other books and they are required poolside reading for me!

Something I particularly liked is that we get to meet some characters again from RC’s previous novels. When you get hooked into an author’s writing, I love it when they have created a “stable” of characters which they can work into future stories; as I finish a good book I often feel a bit sad that I’m leaving the characters behind after reading about them night after night they start to feel like old friends!

“Bad Brides” focuses around three main characters, like most of RC’s other books, and this keeps things interesting because you look forward to the next instalment, as the chapters alternate between each character before coming together for a sizzling climax (although there are plenty of “sizzling climaxes” along the way in the many saucy scenes one comes to expect from Rebecca Chance; “Bad Brides” does not disappoint in this department!)

Brianna Jade is a former pageant princess from Illinois, whose career was lovingly shaped by her ambitious mother Tamra, who has inherited her late second husband’s fortunes and acted as matchmaker to set Brianna Jade up with Edmund, an eligble but cash-poor British Earl and the heir to a crumbling but charming country estate. Brianna Jade is an unpretentious farm girl at heart, and despite her natural beauty and impeccable grooming she feels insecurity around the magnitude of the role she is about to marry into….

Milly is a spoilt actress, engaged to musician and heart-throb Tarquin. We root for her to get her come-uppance….

Both girls are in the running for the cover of “Style Bride” magazine, and we are kept guessing from the off, as to which of them will grasp the prize. Brianna Jade’s mother Tamra is a likeable, cunning match for Milly’s self-seeking bitchiness and underhand tactics.

We also get an insight into Tamra’s somewhat debauched lifestyle, which provides most of the naughty bits that Rebecca writes so well. There is also a homosexual scene in the book, and like the gay sex in “Bad Angels” it is written erotically even with a female readership in mind.

Then of course there are the love triangles, just enough touches of humour and the twists and turns in the plot, resulting in a page-turning read which keeps us changing our minds until the final pages about the predicted outcome…
on 13 March 2017
This terrific read has something for everyone, sex, high drama, romance, humour, with some wonderful backstabbing and bitching thrown into the plot. Loved the insights into the world of luxury.
on 14 July 2017
Well written book by a very talented author
on 4 March 2017
I am so glad I finally read this book !! Rebecca Chance has to have one of the most amazing imaginations of all her generation of writers to produce this book . I am one of her biggest fans
on 8 April 2017
50 shades has nothing on this! Romping aplenty set in rural England and italy. Fun page turning read for summer.
on 28 May 2017
Love it
on 4 September 2017
Great holiday read -
Really enjoyed this book in the series.
on 14 July 2014
love it
on 28 April 2014
I loved this book and I read it in one sitting - binge reading! It is fast paced, engaging and very sexy - I blushed at some of it! I loved knowing where it was going and I guessed the ending but that was a good thing because I thoroughly enjoyed seeing how it panned out. I am now off to download another ...
on 29 May 2013
Couldn't put this book down whilst on holiday. Loved the character development and how you begun by hating characters but ended up loving them. Thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend to anyone looking for an easy, sassy and fun book .