Customer reviews

on 10 June 2012
I really enjoyed the recipe! Easy to follow and delicious. This book seems to fill that gap that most cookbooks seem to ignore.
A useful tool for any household.
Try this one as well, was right up my streetI HATE COOKING - Recipes For Moms
on 22 October 2012
There's a good mix of simple recipes and those for evenings when you have more time. All the recipes seem to be inexpensive to make and not too complicated. Not just for busy mum's but for anyone who needs a go to book when lacking inspiration!
on 27 November 2012
One of the reasons I bought this book is because I'm a busy mum! Although it has only just arrived, I am in love with it already! The recipes look fantastic - the only thing I would say is that some of the recipes were not as speedy as I had imagined - some take an hour of more - and I understood this was one of the selling points. That said, I have no great need to be "clock-crunching" and my chief reason for purchasing a new cookery book was that I wanted inspiration for meals for both myself and my partner which can include a frustratingly fussy 3 year old who is fearful of trying new food. I am very hopeful that this book will resolve some of these difficulties at the same time as maintaining a healthy diet at reasonable cost.. Happy cooking! :)
on 25 July 2012
Really impressed! I like it because Mary Gwynn doesn't expect you to go out & buy special ingredients that you won't use again, plus each recipe has just a few ingredients, not lots & lots like some "celebrity" chefs!
on 16 October 2011
I am at university and heard about this book through one of my friend's mums. We were on holiday and she cooked a sausage sauce pasta from the book for 20 people! It was absolutely delicious and I was astounded when i read the recipe and saw that it only had 5 ingredients. I've probably made it 7 times since then. My other favourite recipe is the lamb and aubergine stew. Completely scrummy. Lordy I could go on talking about my favourite recipes from this book for hours. This book is PERFECT for students. All the meals i have cooked so far have been cheap, easy and yummy. My new food bible... Can't wait to buy it for my mum.
on 27 June 2013
A cookbook that actually reflects how we live today.
Being able to produce freshly made food for a family without spending too much money, or indeed too much time, is a skill we all should aspire too.
on 9 March 2012
I am always on the go, helping to look after 3 grand children, I found this cookery book great and easy to follow the variety and choice in the book is brilliant and I refer to it all the time.
on 24 November 2012
I like this book it is easy to work from, good recipes and cheap just the way a mum wants them.I can recommend this book, thats why I put I love it and rated it so.
on 18 July 2013
Already cooked several recipes. Bought after my daughter had cooked us meals from it . The lamb tagine is wonderful as is the maple syrup sausage and potato bake.
As many people know, there's never enough time in the day, so finding ways to either create a meal for hungry children or something a little more extravagant for a forgotten dinner party at what feels like light speed is a challenge fit for a super chef.

Yet it's these little problems that cause havoc in the average person's day to day as well as trying to find ways to cope. What this title by Mary provides is a book that has lots of quick easy meals that can be rustled up in minutes as well as a helpful guide as to some key ingredients to keep in stock in the cupboards that won't rush you an absolute king's ransom. The book is easy to use, fun to flick through and there will be some ideas about some interesting pairings such as cauliflower and macaroni cheese (I've often made them as separate side accompaniments but never thought to put both into the same dish.)

Add to this, different quick courses so that you can literally throw a party within an hour (provided you have all the ingredients) and it's not only a time but also a life saver. Finally throw into this some family favourites (such as drop scones) and it's a book that will impress as well as satisfy everyone on a budget.