Format: Hardcover|Change

on 13 May 2012
This book has the best cupcake recipes I have found so far!
The recipes are easy to follow and foolproof. By adding different flavours to the basic recipe it is possible to make a wide range of different cupcakes. The various icings are great too.
A must for all cupcake enthusiasts!
on 5 December 2011
You can tell this is a book backed by the Women's institute. It's strong on inspiration but doesn't skimp on the common sense either. For example, it gives you half a dozen quality and easy-to-follow cupcake recipes (plus minor variations)and then proceeds to use these as the basis for all the wonderful ideas for celebration and occasional cupcakes throughout the book. There's even a very handy and eminently straightforward guide on making and applying the icing.

Most of the recipies in this book are illustrated with simple but gorgeous photographs. I particularly enjoyed the Black Forest cupcakes with their cherry stalks sticking up into the air! However, the WI obviously had more ideas than they had pages, so a number of cupcakes don't have illustrative photographs, and I found it difficult to imagine how these would turn out as a result. Call me lazy, but when you're spoilt with such superb pictures for most of the recipies, it's disheartening when you suddenly find yourself needing to rely on your mind's eye rather than your real ones.

That said, this is an excellent book which will charm and inspire anyone wanting to start baking and decorating cupcakes.
on 23 May 2012
I love this book. It has a lot of lovely decorating ideas and provides step by step instructions on both, baking and decorating.
I bought it after I saw it in local library - I just had to have a copy all to myself.
on 9 January 2013
Perfect for anyone into baking cupcakes. So many great ideas. Perfect addition to your cookery books. Bought this as a gift and person was delighted
on 7 June 2015
Christmas pressie - went down really well. Very reasonable, speedy service too.