Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 July 2014
I started reading this book thinking it was not really for me. I stopped reading it for a few months, then read it again and had a massive a-ha moment. I can't explain why or what changed in me but something changed. Suddenly I am more productive, happier and I see life in a completely new light. Thanks Jamie.
VINE VOICEon 4 December 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The total sum of knowledge from the average villager's lifetime in the 18th century would be contained in the pages of one single edition of the Sunday papers. Today we are exposed to that amount of information in an hour.. Our brains are all cluttered with masses of information from books, TV, and the ever present, ever luring, internet.

With so much clutter in our minds, it's amazing we can remember anything when we need to.. but a peaceful mind these days is frequently only possessed by the long time meditator.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could clear out a lot of the noise in your mind - wipe some of the junk off your hard drive, defragment it and set it running smoothly again.

Clarity offers the prospect of clearing out the mind. I swept through the first few chapters and found it really interesting and insightful but by about half way through I was flagging and I've struggled to finish the book.

The concepts are all sound and someone doing the work would certainly see benefit in the way they see the world and a greater clarity. However it may be that the author's workshops are a clearer way to present the information than this book which I found increasingly hard to proceed with. I'd say it's certainly worth buying for the first half anyway and if you can stick with it to the end, you'll get even more benefit.

For those with a super cluttered mind I can highly recommend Frank Kinslow's work. His One Minute Meditation cleared my anxious busy mind in about a month - even with only intermittent use. Do a google search on Frank Kinslow one minute meditation and do that process while you wait for this book to arrive. The One Minute Meditation is truly a miracle.
on 26 October 2015
v.g
on 19 August 2013
This book was bought by my wife with a view to learning more about a relatives recent illness. She likes it and says it has been very helpful and can be used as a reference book without having to read it from cover to cove
on 12 February 2014
I have always been sceptical in books like these but thought I'd give it a chance after a recommendation. I read Clarity in 2 days, as I started reading it I got into more and more then suddenly found myself intuitively doing what I was reading and seeing some sort of 'clarity' and having a clear mind by 'doing nothing'.

The most insightful, well written book I have read in a long time, I'm preaching to my friends and colleagues to read this book. You should too!
VINE VOICEon 11 August 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Modern life is terribly busy, cluttered with diaries, to-do lists and appointments. How to find time to gain a little clarity is the focus of this book. If like me you find that your brain is always buzzing and thoughts whirl around and around in your head, then you'll find this book valuable, if nothing new.
There is a lot of detail in this book and for those hard-pressed for time, reading it through will eat into valuable free periods. That being said, it is helpful. This is a book that is geared to helping you manage yourself, your thinking with the aim of getting you to know yourself better. It deals with stress and how to cope with it, how to improve your performance and develop better resilience.
I just wish that Jamie Smart had been able to condense the book because for something designed to help build clarity of mind, it feels a little cluttered.
on 8 May 2014
This book has genuinely changed my life. I read it slowly and tried to absorb the key messages and recommend this approach, rather then skimming your way through trying to find the magic bit of knowledge. The point of the book becomes clear if you take it slowly and understand and enjoy the journey.
on 23 January 2014
Clear, precise and easy to read. Enlightening how we think and the errors we make with our superstitious thinking. You will be surprised at how much you realise of yourself.
on 4 November 2014
the only good thing about this book was the name of it. i really wish i had listened to the negative reviews, please save your money its not worth it, can i get a refund
on 6 November 2013
Clarity is a very simple concept - there are many books which offer advice on how to clear you mind, by practicing the process of 'inside-out' thinking Clarity makes clearing you mind of superstitious thoughts an obvious and nature process.